RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

The Official Meetup 2015 Thread

PCEddie

Vacation is set, room booked, paid for event

I am just waiting for September 11 to get here and enjoy the 10 hour drive from Concord, NC. Anyone from North Carolina heading to the event and need a lift? 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• LoneWolf

• yodafett

• Joe_Miner

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all a blurrr.....all I remember is:   1. Paul Braren needs at least 60 minutes for a 30 minute demo 2. Chris Compton can be reached by email for all your home automation needs 3. City BBQ was

Rekloose was actually outside the building at the time.  I was all by myself.  That convinces me it was the shirt.

I learned something else Saturday night.   I was out with Rekloose bar-hopping and passed a girl.  She stopped me, and straightened my Schoondoggy Server Mods Beta Test Team t-shirt to read it (and

yodafett

I don't remember anyone applying the firm Dave.

Question for the 2014 meetup guys. I brought my N54L last year and the firmware upgrade on a USB stick. Anyone flash that server? I have yet to look but thought I would ask.

I'm driving up from Texas. Happy to pick up in Joplin, KC and St. loius. Can also pick up in Memphis, little rock via another route.

We are up to 14 registrations!  Don't forget to register multiple if you are bringing someone in for lunch and breakfast.  Wives, kids, etc.  They don't have to stay for all the geek stuff but it's nice to be able to eat with us!

• 2 weeks later...

We have 18 attendees that are paid in full!  How awesome is that?  It's only 3 months away so you guys better get your tickets soon!  If you are on the fence don't forget that some guys are driving and you might be able to hitch a ride or share a room.  

If you need table space please let me know.  I'll send out a message to attendees very soon.

jetmech96

Finally Booked last night.  

Very weird how the Group rate is working.  They had two double queen rooms for $89 for just Sept.11.  Nothing for the Sept. 12.  I could have gotten either a single King for $119 or a double queen for $124.  I choose the double queen since I did not want to move rooms!?!  Not complaining, because last year I missed the discount completely.  So, FYI only 1 left on the Sept.11 at the discount rate.

Can't wait till September!

• 2 weeks later...
LoneWolf

I am looking into this seriously.  I mean, Indianapolis is only five hours away from where I am in Michigan, last I checked.

Dave, do you know if there are still rooms open at the rate?  I would probably drive in on Friday night and stay Friday night and Saturday (drove to Indy and back in a day once when I was young and dumb --never doing that again :) ).

EDIT:  Just paid, just booked.  All rooms were taken at the $89 rate, however, I'm a rewards club member for the hotel chain, so I'll be calling Monday, they might let me get the better rate.  I look forward to meeting all of you.

Edited by LoneWolf
vinylfreak

It saddens me greatly to say , that do to an upcoming work project I will not be able to attend the meetup this year.  :( I have been to every one since the 1st , so I am Greatly Bummed Out! Sadly it is out of my control. If anyone is looking for rooms at the Holiday Inn Express , I just canceled my reservation for Friday and Saturday night. That room should now be available to someone else. It will suck immensely not being there and seeing everyone again. Have a Great! meetup! Dave please take my entrance fee and buy someone lunch. Thanks! Tim  :D 

Tim,

Sorry to hear that you won't be there. Since I'll be missing it too, let's both plan for next year.

(I'll still calibrate a tv if you bring one!)

Jon

• Like 1
awraynor

It saddens me greatly to say , that do to an upcoming work project I will not be able to attend the meetup this year.  :( I have been to every one since the 1st , so I am Greatly Bummed Out! Sadly it is out of my control. If anyone is looking for rooms at the Holiday Inn Express , I just canceled my reservation for Friday and Saturday night. That room should now be available to someone else. It will suck immensely not being there and seeing everyone again. Have a Great! meetup! Dave please take my entrance fee and buy someone lunch. Thanks! Tim  :D 

VF. It won't be the same without you. Who is going to bring the Home Theater P.C.?

• Like 1