Dave

The Official Meetup 2015 Thread

85 posts in this topic

Update:  Scratch the location. It has been moved to here:  8900 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis IN 46240 Map here on September 12th, 2015.  The schedule will also be changing. Stay tuned for more information on Friday night activities.  We generally get going around 6 but stay tuned!

Meetup 2015 is officially announced.

September 12th, 2015

Meetup 2015 Attendance Fee - $25.  This gets you in the door, a small breakfast on the 12th as well as a catered lunch. (Book your travel now, I'll collect the attendance fee in the future.)

If you would like to present during Meetup 2015 please contact me via messaging here on the forum.  If you need table space to show gear during meetup let me know via messaging.  Table space goes quickly!

Book now for a rate of $89 per night. Just say you are coming for Home Server Show to get that rate.

Holiday Inn Express9791 North by Northeast Blvd, Fishers, IN 46037

Itinerary(hours on Saturday may change)

Friday, Sept 11th - Room opens at 6PM

Saturday, Sept 12th

8:00 - 5:00 - Meetup 2014

6:00 - 7:00 - Fry's Electronics

7:00 - 9:00 - Microsoft Store

Not sure what we will do after this. Last time we were out very late for dinner. I'm OK with someone taking the helm here and treating me to dinner!   ;)

Sunday, Sept 13th (No Colts Game) - Waffle House Breakfast. (again, tradition)

Airport

There will be another thread in the Home Server Show Forums to arrange airport transportation and ride share.  If you are coming to the show and want some company on the drive please post in the forums.  A little gas money might not hurt!

If your flight arrives near another person you can also work on a carpool.  Several guys from past meetups have made airport runs on Friday.  The airport is a good 30 to 45 minute drive from the hotel. Be wary of Friday rush hour traffic. From the airport to the meetup area will be congested.

Sponsors and Presenters

If you would like to sponsor part or all of this event please contact me at the e-mail address below.  I'll get with you right away.

If you would like to bring gear or present at this event please contact me at the e-mail address below.  Space is limited!

Thank you for allowing me to throw this event year after year and want to come back and do it again!  Feel free to ask questions in this thread if you are thinking about attending.  Yes, people do fly and drive in from all over the country. There will be another thread started to coordinate airport pickups and ride share.

David McCabe

PM me here in the forums or e-mail me:  podcast(.at)  homeservershow. com

Reservation Booked Prepping the rack that is comeing wtih me from Texas.

Dave lets put radius at 761 miles from the Indy airport.  Anyone else within the radius is required to attend.

http://www.y-wing.net/HSSMeetupRadius.jpg

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this weekend. My daughter will be at her freshman year at college and this is her birthday weekend. Mom and Dad will be visiting and attending a football game.

Perhaps next year I can do the tv calibration demo.

Really hate to miss this, but family comes first. I will live the meet up vicariously through the podcast.

When I attempted to make reservations they said the special rate was for Sept 10 Arrival & Sept 12 Departures -- I think IHG may have mixed up the dates?

I'll get that fixed.

Just called IHG (central reservations). They told me the $89 rate was for the night of the 11th only, staying the 12th would be an extra night at the regular rate.

Can confirm booking code is now working correctly can reserve using HSS as the group code

1 person likes this

Just called (IHG central) and they said they have rooms at that rate only for Friday night (11th). That there are no group-rate rooms available for the night of the 12th.

Just made my reservations and was told all the rooms at the $89 a night for Sat had already been booked.  I wonder if they gave you less rooms for Sat night than Fri night. 

Excited to make it this year since I couldn't last year.

Hey Guys,

The hotel has opened up more rooms on Saturday night. When you book mention Home Server Show and please thank them!  I'll get the ticket system up soon.

Dave

1 person likes this