RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My WHS v1 Server Upgrade. LUX!!!!

CablDeViL

I wanted to branch this topic to the Builders Forum from BYOB. Mike gave me some advice on a new WHS1 server case. Let me say when UPS dropped it off this week my wife's plants wilted because it block so much sunlight the entire day. I purchased the LIAN LI PC-A70F.

This case is 30% larger than my old Antec server case. I also purchased 2 more WD Ears 2tb drives to add to the other 5 drives. Here is a picture and remember my son is 22 inch long if I had triplets I could use this as a bassinet. Yea I know I am a little baby centric lately .. ill get over it!

Resized to 100% (was 1600 x 1200) - Click image to enlargeIMG_0025.JPG

There you go LUX 2.5 weeks old. He was looking at the laptop at the time to see when the new win7 phone was going to be release. He loves the blogs =)

Awesome post Bill. Again! Again you say? Yes, the forums admin...ahem....Dave...accidentally deleted this thread.

The story. The original post somehow got sidetracked to cell phones so I tried to be fancy and split the post to the new phones forum and ended up deleting the whole thing! I didn't have a "trash can" enabled either. Soooo...I tucked my tail and alerted CableDevil. He was cool to understand and now we have this awesome photo back!

So, continue where we left off and I'll stop screwing around with things!

Cabledvl,

That is funny. You had be cracking up from you post. It is a beast but it is an awesome case for a server. Large, cool, quiet, and huge expansion possibilities. Let me know what you think when you get it built. I know I am bit late but congrats on the new addition to your family.

BTW, if you don't like the case for a server, it looks like it would make a great playhouse for your son so it won't go to waste...

Good Luck.

Cabledvl,

That is funny. You had be cracking up from you post. It is a beast but it is an awesome case for a server. Large, cool, quiet, and huge expansion possibilities. Let me know what you think when you get it built. I know I am bit late but congrats on the new addition to your family.

BTW, if you don't like the case for a server, it looks like it would make a great playhouse for your son so it won't go to waste...

Good Luck.

Playhouse !!! It's bigger than my house !!biggrin.gif

Dave, not a problem at all thank you for the heads up!

I put the server together last night and had some extra time to clean the Computer Lab. One thing I should say about the case is if you any sata connectors that are NOT on the lower right edge of the mother board then make sure you have long sata cables. I have 2 sata ports in the center of the mobo and 4 ports on the pci card and I had to dig through my box O cables to fine some non standard sizes. The other 4 ports on the edge of the mobo where just fine.

I have some more pictures (no children involved) with all the hdds installed ill post when I get home tonight. It is so nice having 12tb -- folder duping for my blu-rays continues.