RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Printer paper jams

ikon

I actually trashed a Color LaserJet about 18 months ago, in favour of a Epson WorkForce inkjet, simply because the cost per page is half that of colour laser. The LaserJet was still working, but I couldn't justify the cost of the cartridges. The inkjet also uses a lot less power.

schoondoggy

It all depends on the deal you get on toner or ink.

Poppapete

I actually trashed a Color LaserJet about 18 months ago, in favour of a Epson WorkForce inkjet, simply because the cost per page is half that of colour laser. The LaserJet was still working, but I couldn't justify the cost of the cartridges. The inkjet also uses a lot less power.

Interesting.  My 7 year old HP C6180 died and I tossed up between a Laser and an Inkjet. Trying to get an unbiased review about printers was impossible.

Finally:

1. I will be doing a lot less printing as I move to paperless (been trying to that for 25 years) but finally my accountant will accept pdf on email.

2. Most printing & scanning is to pdf rather than to a paper source.

3. Picked an Epsom WF-4630 but was N/A so went $100 cheaper for WF-3640

4. It is fine for everything except photoprinting.

Bottom line is this:

If you want to print good quality photos then you will need an inkjet made for the task and the ink will cost plenty for all the time you are not printing photos or pay a fortune for a good laser printer.

ikon

I agree. My WF-7510 was bought refurbished from Epson Canada, for a really nice price. I use the Extra High Capacity cartridges, to reduce the per-page cost to half of what I was paying for my colour laser. The photos from this printer are fine for general purposes, but I have an Epson R1800 for fine prints.

Drashna Jaelre

Yepp.. Consumables is where the money is.

Better phrase, it's about the subscriptions. :)