RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Rod at home

My PC immediately shut down. Why?

Rod at home

As best I can, yes. When I installed it the installation process told me that it successfully installed the update. I've brought up the PowerAlert Agent Console 12.04. Don't know how else to find out what version it is. I'm kind of distracted; a good friend of mine is dying and I'm trying to get to him before he passes.

Rod at home

I'm wondering if it might be something wrong on my motherboard? And if so I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off getting a replacement or new motherboard? Having been unemployed for so long buying a new PC isn't really in my budget. Do they even make MB's like that, or could I get one that would fit in my PC's case?

schoondoggy

Have you removed the UPS and the software for it to rule that out?

Rod at home

No I haven't. But that was due to something else. On Friday morning the whole house lost power. When it did the UPS worked perfectly, continuing to supply power to the PC without interruption. My reasoning is if it supplied power without incident during a time when it should, then my problem probably isn't the UPS or its software. Maybe instead it is something else, like the motherboard.