RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
GotNoTime

New Service Pack - 2015.04.0 (9 Apr 2015)

GotNoTime

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5390291&swItemId=MTX_8f34f27973a04a71b211d728ab&swEnvOid=4168

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/cd-generic/p67859018/v108240/

2015.03.0 was taken down a day or so after it appeared on the FTP site. 2015.04.0 has appeared instead now and there is no sign at all of the previous 2015.03.0.

The new MD5 hash of the 2015.04.0 SPP ISO is 1165ec847d1c08f6ece902052de27a80

Added support for:

New HP ProLiant servers:
        HP ML10 v2
        HP XL730f Gen9
        HP XL740f Gen9
        HP XL750f Gen9
        HP ML110 Gen9
        HP XL170r Gen9
        HP XL190r Gen9
        HP WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade

New HP ProLiant options
    Red Had Enterprise Linux 6.6, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12, VMware vSphere 5.5 U2 and VMware vSphere 6.0
    HP USB Key Utility for Windows v2.0.0.0 for downloads greater than 4GB
    Select Linux firmware components available in rpm format
    HP Smart Update Manager v7.2.0. 
Edited by GotNoTime
  • Like 1

Trig0r

Grabbing.

Altecice

Can anyone give me a quick explanation as to what SP's are for/do, are they new drivers/firmware but in offline mode or something?

Edited by Altecice

GotNoTime

Can anyone give me a quick explanation as to what SP's are for/do, are they new drivers/firmware but in offline mode or something?

You basically boot off the SPP image and it updates all your HP firmware + HP drivers to the latest version inside the image without needing internet access. It is a massive ISO because it contains all the drivers and firmware for all the currently supported ProLiants and OSes.

ArnisR

Hmm, I updated ILO to 2.10 and Broadcom NICs firmware with this SPP.

Now I can't boot Microserver from USB or SD card :(

Edited by ArnisR

ArnisR

Resetting ILO, BIOS, reflashing ILO back to 2.03 and firmware switching doesn't help. Intelligent Provisioning is also gone. WTF?

Edited by ArnisR

GotNoTime

Resetting ILO, BIOS, reflashing ILO back to 2.03 and firmware switching doesn't help. Intelligent Provisioning is also gone. WTF?

I've mentioned this bug in another thread. You need to unplug your microserver and plug it back in again. That fixes it.

ArnisR

I've mentioned this bug in another thread. You need to unplug your microserver and plug it back in again. That fixes it.

I didn't see that post. But unplugging was the first step which I tried. It helps to 1) boot from external USB,  2) launch Intelligent Provisioning for one(!) time, where I even can see microsd card.

But there is no way to boot from internal sdcard or usb. After unsuccessful boot, the Intelligent Provisioning also goes mad in different ways - it simply doesn't start, freezes or launch smart storage manager instead of full Intelligent Provisioning. It seems that there is some kind of internal boot devices "mismap".

Edited by ArnisR

GotNoTime

I didn't see that post. But unplugging was the first step which I tried. It helps to 1) boot from external USB,  2) launch Intelligent Provisioning for one(!) time, where I even can see microsd card.

But there is no way to boot from internal sdcard or usb. After unsuccessful boot, the Intelligent Provisioning also goes mad in different ways - it simply doesn't start, freezes or launch smart storage manager instead of full Intelligent Provisioning. It seems that there is some kind of internal boot devices "mismap".

Odd. My experience with it has been that it just stops booting from the SD card inside my microserver. It tries to boot from the HDs instead so I get the usual error about no OS found. Unplugging the microserver and then plugging it back in again has always fixed it for me. IP didn't work either until I unplugged + plugged it back in.

It always shows the SD card as being present when looking in the iLO web interface as well.

Have you tried temporarily removing the card then booting?

Edited by GotNoTime

ArnisR

Have you tried temporarily removing the card then booting?

Yes. I have almost full-time s..x now with removing card, usb, disks, power, bios changes, rebooting etc. :)  I'm also very happy with Gen8 long boot time.