RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

NewRAM cause loop reboot

therevenger30

Hello everybody,

First post here from France, sorry if my english is poor.

I have just buy an HP Gen8 G1610T + 1 HP's RAM HP 2GB.

Server won't boot if HP RAM is in DIMM slot 1, but only into the second.
If I use DIMM slot 1, when POST sequence initiate, process stop at 20 % and reboot, never ending ...

I have bought 2 KINGSTON KTH-PL316ES/4G ECC non registered to replace the HP's RAM.

The server won't boot if the 2 RAM modules are in the two DIMM. It only boot if only one RAM is installed in the second DIMM slot.

(And at all the time, the POST sequence start, stop at 10%, reboot, then go on if on RAM is onto the DIMM n°2, also strange for me)

ILO said this :

Memory Details
Processor 1     1      Not Present      N/A       N/A      N/A      N/A      N/A      N/A      N/A      N/A
Processor 1     2      Good, In Use      No       N/A     DIMM DDR3     4096 MB     1600 MHz     1.5 V     1     

AMP Mode status : Advanced ECC.

So, I don't understand what's the matter !

The BIOS is dated from 06/06/2014

Is my server broken ? Need to return to vendor ?

Thank a lot for your help.

Best regards.

Therevenger30

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the genuine HP 2GB RAM stick be able to boot the computer from either of the RAM slots?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the genuine HP 2GB RAM stick be able to boot the computer from either of the RAM slots?

Oops. Yes. Not sure how I missed that! There is definately something wrong with that Microserver if it can't boot with the HP supplied RAM in the first DIMM slot.

Either therevenger30 isn't getting that RAM stick fully seated into Slot 1, or the mobo is faulty. At least, that's the way it looks to me.

Hi,

My new Gen8 works fine with two KINGSTON KTH-PL316ES/4G and a Pentium G2130 (it support ECC).

(no option here to mark a topic as resolved ?)

Thank you.

Nope. No way to mark as resolved but you've come back to post a follow up so that is still good. Great to hear that your replacement Microserver is fully working.