RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Install Vail on VMware Products

mysticgeek

If you don't have an extra machine to spare for running and testing out Vail, I have a couple of guides for running it as a VM that you might want to check out.

How to Install Vail on VMware Workstation

How to Install Vail on VMware Server

VMware Workstation does offer a 30 Day trial period and after that you need to buy a license... so unless you already have it, you might want to use VMware Server which is free - registration required.

I am also working on a guide on installing it with the free VMware Player which should be ready sometime next week. Have fun!

Cool, VM came up in the post episode 100 ustream chat conversation. The listeners are itching. :P

If you don't have an extra machine to spare for running and testing out Vail, I have a couple of guides for running it as a VM that you might want to check out.

How to Install Vail on VMware Workstation

How to Install Vail on VMware Server

VMware Workstation does offer a 30 Day trial period and after that you need to buy a license... so unless you already have it, you might want to use VMware Server which is free - registration required.

I am also working on a guide on installing it with the free VMware Player which should be ready sometime next week. Have fun!

VMware Workstation is great, and I keep so many different OSes in it I have a hard time keeping track of them all. The best feature in Workstation is Snapshots, which let you roll back changes to a VM. Since I mostly run all kinds of crazy apps I want to test in VMs, it's a great way to still keep them clean and fresh. I'll have to try installing Vail in it; thanks for the tutorials. I downloaded a trial of the original Home Server a while back, but never did really get it running.