RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New firmware - 30th March 2015

GotNoTime

iLO and the Broadcom NIC have both got new firmware released today. There is also a new Windows driver for the B120i controller.

Download from http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5390291

iLO 2.10

This version adds support for the following features and enhancements:

• New CLI and RIBCL commands for sending SNMP test traps.
• Agentless Management support for standup storage card firmware versions.
• The iLO IP address can now be used as the SubjectAltName in a certificate signing request.
• IPMI transport over IPv6.
• HP RESTful API updates, including support for:
  - Mezz and base FRUs
  - GET of data to retrieve the Active Health System log
  - Support Logs
• Flex Slot Battery Backup Unit information is displayed on the Information > System Information > Power page.
• Physical and logical network adapters are displayed on the Information > System Information > Network page.
• NIC teaming information is displayed on the Information > System Information > Network page.
• Information about devices installed on the system board, such as adapters, PCI devices,  SATA controllers, and Smart Storage Batteries is displayed on the new Information > System Information > Device Inventory page.
• HP and third-party storage controllers that manage direct-attached storage and the attached physical drives are displayed on the Information > System
  Information > Storage page.
• HP Smart Storage Battery information is displayed on the Information > System Information > Summary, Information > System Information > Power, and Information > System Information > Device Inventory pages.
• In addition to the supported OEM parameters, the IPMI boot options for UEFI now support the standard parameters.
• Extended the functionality of Lock_Configuration.xml to include restricting the IPMI interface from the system channel.
• Added support for IPMI 2.0 PEF and PET generation to the IPMI interface.

Broadcom NIC 1.5.14

This product contains updated NCSI firmware (v1.3.5) that increases the number of multicast MAC address filters that can be supported from 2 to 8.

Dynamic Smart Array B120i 62.12.0.64

• Fixes issue with SCSI Verify that can cause bug check.
  • Fixes issue where newer, larger drives may not show up during hot add.
  • Fixes potential data mismatch to RAID5 volumes when read cache is enabled and physical drive fails.
Edited by GotNoTime
  • Like 1

are any of these restricted to the 'entitled' few? this baloney is why I am hesitant to consider hp anymore...

are any of these restricted to the 'entitled' few? this baloney is why I am hesitant to consider hp anymore...

Doesn't look like it. I was able to download the iLO and Broadcom update without being logged in. The massive update ISO does require a warranty or support contract though.

After the iLO and NIC updates, I have the following versions:

iLO

2.10 Jan 15 2015

System ROM

J06

HP ProLiant System ROM

06/06/2014

HP ProLiant System ROM - Backup

06/06/2014

HP ProLiant System ROM Bootblock

02/04/2012

Intelligent Provisioning

System Programmable Logic Device

Version 0x06

Server Platform Services (SPS) Firmware

HP Dynamic Smart Array B120i Controller

HP Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 332i Adapter

5720-v1.34 NCSI v1.3.5.0

How did You update de firmware of B120i?

I don't fiind firmware on HP site.

You don't. The firmware for the b120i is part of the driver that you're loading into your OS. For some reason, the ESXi 5.5 driver still comes with 4.50 whilst the regular Linux and Windows drivers come with 5.00.

The Dynamic Smart Array b120i is actually just the regular Intel SATA controller + a fancy driver. This means part of it is kept inside the system firmware and part of it is inside the driver that you install in your OS.