RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Price Drops

Trig0r

Looks like they Gen8 Micro's might be on the way out, £160 I can get one for now, there's also cash back deals knocking another £40 off of that..

Might get another just for PNG and drop some of these 8 spare 2Tb drives I have laying around..

• Like 1

Where did you find it for that price, as all the prices I have found at around £160 already has the cash back taken off.   As I want to buy a second one to make into a Xpenology NAS, as I have too many things to do with my current Gen8

Thanks for the heads up, i thought you had managed to find something i wasn't able too...  but 

http://www.ebuyer.com/517760-hp-proliant-gen8-g1610t-microserver-712317-421?affid=96488&affname=ITProPortal&awc=2690_1427144663_3f88b1a0d36b99c86459970dc440f066

i brought my first gen8 six weeks ago, and have fully upgraded it, and it cost me nearly £1000 in all, but u can get a basic for this i can't complain, even if it is just for a NAS it's cheaper and fuller featured than a synology or qnap.

I'm toying with the idea of getting another, if Ebuyer are doing the cashback as well then thats even better, I'm guessing cashback is handled by HP rather than Ebuyer anyway as long as you hit whatever the requirements for it are..