RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

meetup 2015 location

kylejwx

Hey Dave, I know that the hotel we have had the meet up at has been very convenient, but I was wondering if it was worth considering a place with more room and more bandwith.

Have you checked with any local schools? The elementary school I work at often rents out their multipurpose room to community events. A school is likely to have several hundred megabytes of download speed and no one else would be using it on a Saturday. :)

I would think that a school would be cheaper than some other tradition conference venues.

• Like 1

That's an interesting idea. I do wonder how easy it would be to find a motel that's reasonably close to a school (i.e. walking distance, since quite a few people likely won't have cars with them?).

There are local meeting rooms and I have looked into them before.  They have always been booked however.  When I solidify a date I'll start the process over again but I am not highly inclined to have it at a school.  I love the idea but a hotel/meeting room combination is very hard to beat.  It gives you a great spot to meet prior and post meetup and we also tend to get rowdy and like the occasional adult beverage.  Meeting in the hotel lobby also allows us BYO.

Not sure yet. It mostly depends on the health of family members. That's been a big issue the past few years. It's better so far this year, but the year is young...