RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Graphic card

danielsan123

Hi!

I want to try steam stream on my Microserver Gen8. Build in graphics is not enough. I run Hyper-V and aiming to have a virtuel guest for steam stream. I´m not sure Hyper-V can handle GPU passthrough. If it can might this card work?

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GT620DCSL2GD3/I´m a n00b at gaming but the kids are starting playing so it´s time for dad serving the opportunity.

Best regrads Daniel.

GT620 isn't much of a card, it's just about good enough for HTPC use.  I have a GT620 which I was using in my HTPC, but the Intel HD graphics built in to the machine's Pentium CPU is actually quicker.  Not even HD4600, it's just the basic Intel HD video.

Yes, the GT620 is better than the "graphics" built in to the Microserver (which is a Matrox G200 which came out in 1998).

Agreed about the GT620. I had a GT610 (close enough) in my HTPC, and it was fine for video playback and simple games like those from BigFishGames.com. However, when I tried to play Dreamfall: Chapters Book 1, it was not powerful enough. I went up to a GT750+, which works very well.

Hi!

I want to try steam stream on my Microserver Gen8. Build in graphics is not enough. I run Hyper-V and aiming to have a virtuel guest for steam stream. I´m not sure Hyper-V can handle GPU passthrough. If it can might this card work?

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GT620DCSL2GD3/I´m a n00b at gaming but the kids are starting playing so it´s time for dad serving the opportunity.

Best regrads Daniel.

GPU Passthrough on HyperV requires RemoteFX.

RemoteFX REQUIRES:

That the CPU support SLAT (EPT/Extended Page Tables on Intel, and NPT/Nested Page Tables on AMD).

That the GPU must support DirectX 9.0c and 10.

And the HyperV host MUST NOT BE A DOMAIN CONTROLLER. (So you cannot use Essentials for this).

Also, you will want a video card that has a lot of memory, as this can be very taxing for the video card:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff817602(WS.10).aspx

Anyone else seen the guy that built a rig with a load of amd gpus in, installed hyperv then had a handful of vm's running win7 and playing bf3 out of one rig?

I dont either, someone sent it to me a while back, just shows what you can do I guess, if you have the need and the hardware..

Not sure it would detect the card. The gen 8 has a matrix video chip built it for part of ilo so the matrix and nvidia would have to live happily together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk