RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
jmwills

Used Norco Case

jmwills

Not yet, but when I do I'll give you a shout.  Trying to talk myself into spending $1500 to combine to VM Hosts into one.  The new RAM is the killer as I need at least 64 gigs.

schoondoggy

Not yet, but when I do I'll give you a shout.  Trying to talk myself into spending $1500 to combine to VM Hosts into one.  The new RAM is the killer as I need at least 64 gigs.

I think I have some cases that I will be decommissioning. I can check tomorrow when I get back in the office.

jmwills

If you find any Socket 2011-v3 CPU's and  boards that you want to decom, let me know that too!  LOL

itGeeks

I'm afraid that I am about to go the "Full Faucher" on a project.  New guys won't understand that one.  LOL

I miss the BYOB Podcast. What ever happened to it? 

schoondoggy

PC Doc just posted a nice write up on his move to a QNAP NAS.

jmwills

Yea I saw that and thought about sending him a note asking what he was going to do with all his gear.  I know he sad he was going to keep some, but it never hurts to ask.

itGeeks

PC Doc just posted a nice write up on his move to a QNAP NAS.

Kevin whats the link to his write up? I use to just go to one of his podcast and grab the link but I cant even find them anymore after Dave redesigned the website.

Never mind, I just found it. thedocsworld.net thanks anyway. Does anyone know what happened to his podcast?

Drashna Jaelre

Come on Chris. You need this case, After all 2 cases are better then 1 :D

I hate you. 

Seriously considering on getting one  ... just so I can use it as a custom built SAS Expander case. IIRC, it would be cheaper.

Gee, I wonder if his wife would agree with that statement?

Yes and no. She enjoy's the end result (as like half the 15TBs of video are tv shows and movies for her). No, because ... well, it's costly.

Also, I'd need to fill it up with 8TB Seagate Archive drives. :P

I miss the BYOB Podcast. What ever happened to it? 

IIRC, he got busy. I want to say health issues as well, but ... my memory is worse than some of you "old timers".