RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

iLO4 and IP issues

scam3r

Hi

I have been trying to setup my new Gen8, and have hit a brick wall on a few issues, but my main issue is IP on the iLO.

When in ilo, i am unable to download firmware and update, as i get can't connect to HP.com, and also when using IP it fails to download download drivers.

Do I need to register my server with HP to get access to these services, as I am also unable to download SPP, as i don't have an warranty account.

Or is it that the iLo port isn't used to download updates?

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.  :)

Thanks

Scam

Hi Scam,

From what i am aware the iLo is not used to "access the internet" you will need to get one of your Nic ports connected to your network also.

That way you should then be able to update etc.

Cheers.

Hi Scam,

From what i am aware the iLo is not used to "access the internet" you will need to get one of your Nic ports connected to your network also.

That way you should then be able to update etc.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info, i'll have another look at this....

IIRC, it is now necessary to register the server with HP in order to access updates, firmware, etc. I believe this was a policy change implemented last year, and, after the initial 1 year warranty expires, you will have to buy a Care Plan in order to retain access to these things. There's been quite a bit of complaint about it in the forums.

There are some of us have carepacks though and are willing to share files as and when required though I would of thought...

How do i go about registering my server with HP to start my 1years Warranty, and be able to download updates?  As it not obvious what I need to do...

How do i go about registering my server with HP to start my 1years Warranty, and be able to download updates?  As it not obvious what I need to do...

There has been info posted on this in the forums. IIRC, it's done from the iLO (or something like that). Check the link posted by Joe_Miner.

There are some of us have carepacks though and are willing to share files as and when required though I would of thought...

I've seen info that suggests it's possible to access the files even without a CarePack licence, if you know the exact FTP link. This should make it possible for people who have CarePacks to share access to the files without having to actually share the files themselves. Seems simpler to me at least....

Solved my issue, it wasn't that I hadn't registered the server with HP, (which I have now done) and yes, you don't update the firmware via the ilo port

It was because the port that is needed to update the firmware is eth1 not eth0 as I had plugged into the network.....  

http://3cvguy.com/hp-gen8-blade-firmware-update-error-unable-to-contact-update-server/

So the issue was "user error" on my part, as i didn't realise you need to use the eth1 port so the ilo4 could update the firmware.

Thanks for all the info and help with my problem...

• Like 1