RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows 8.1 OS on HP Microserver?

malaugh

The Samsung 850 is on Port 1? i.e. Bay 1 (far left Bay)

I still don't know why the drivers aren't loading -- if it can see them to display them in the menu it should be able to load them -- this is very strange........................

Are you using a USB DVD drive for your Win8.1 disk to load on the MicroServer?  Any you have the extracted drivers copied onto a flash drive also plugged into a USB2.0 port?

Hi,

Yes the SSD is on Port 1. I am trying to install W8.1 on a flash drive plugged on one of the front USB port too.

From what I remember, the front ports are 2.0, only the two on the back are 3.0

Edited by Dr. Zoidberg

This should be working so apparently we're missing something simple.................

you have no other controller cards installed?

firmware updated?

At post go to SSA and check that you have a Logical Drive 01 that's your Samsung in a single drive RAID0

Go to CSKenney's Gen8 Links page => then click on the link to installing WHS2011 on B120i => Click on the link and download the B120i driver cp020818.exe version 10Jan2014 (this is the driver S2008R2 B120i) => extract the drivers from the exe file with 7-zip to a folder => copy that foldr to a flash drive and point the W8.1 installer to that folder when asked

I assume you don't have an advance iLO license?

No other devices are plugged in?

Hi Joe,

Thank you again for your support and patience. Unfortunately I have tried also the WHS drivers and it does not work neither.

No other devices are plugged on my Gen8.

I currently have an iLO advance trial licence.

I have no clue why it isn't working.

I don't know what "Advance Trial" gives you for sure but if you can I'd suggest trying the install with iLO => i.e. from iLO link the Win8.1 iso to the iLO CD/DVD tag and the folder with the extracted B120i drivers to the iLO folder tag

I will take my server off-line this weekend - reconfigure it - and do another install manually using an attached monitor, a Win8.1 DVD in a USB DVD player attached to a USB 2 port and the extracted B120i drivers on a flash attached to a USB 2 port plus keyboard & mouse attached to USB 2 ports and see if anything jumps out. (I assume this is what you have been trying to do?)

Edited by Joe_Miner

Hi,

Yes the SSD is on Port 1. I am trying to install W8.1 on a flash drive plugged on one of the front USB port too.

From what I remember, the front ports are 2.0, only the two on the back are 3.0

As JM has mentioned there are USB3 ports front and back. You need to be sure you are plugged into a USB2 port.

When you say you have the SSD on Port1 do you mean swappable bay1?

Above you say you are 'trying to install W8.1 on a flash drive' .

Do you mean you are trying to install from a flash drive?

This message often comes up is the usb boot is not working. Make it from the iso with rufus (mbr and ntfs) use a front usb for the usb stick. Put the extracted drivers on it too to load later

Edited by Ricimer

Hi,

I have tried the iLO Folder option vs. the USB drive and it did not change anything.

Here comes some screenshots from SSA:

c4bff7c1b32a0e29dd3e8464a18617e8fe869323 2b20b128867307032e520b0103b44befe7b57ab5 3a94eb3c6fb7f27b18caa0bab46177fff05ee18a 7368b4123f8f43363457c9aa546cb2bad75e1da1 c548b0e8eb8137f2be613a9dea429050db0bb8d5 ff24cc3795bb06472fbe3b72052d3bf1e4ef3d7a