RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Replacement Power Supply for Microserver

joem

My HP Proliant N40L needs a new power supply I believe.  It keeps shutting down every day or so.  I can't seem to locate one.  Do any of you folks know where I can find a replacement power supply?  Thanks.

I guess i will just have to buy another HP Proliant N40L.  I can't find a power supply for this anywhere so far.

I received my new power supply today from as linked in my previous post.  Install went very well.  There were a couple of extra connectors I didn't need on it, but I could stuff them out of the way inside the case.  It is up and running and very quiet.  This power supply is considerably heavier than the one that came with the N40L.  The true test will be if it stays up and running over the next couple of days at least.  The server would shutdown every day or so.  I deemed it to be the power supply.  We shall see.  Post back  in a couple of days.

http://www.newegg.co...N=-1&isNodeId=1

It appears a new power supply didn't fix the issue.  My HP Proliant N40L still shuts down after a few hours.  Must be the motherboard.  Unless you guys have any suggestions I think I may buy a Synology box.  Thanks.

Joe I never checked to see if the CPU is overheating.  What might be the best way to check that?  Also maybe I could remove it, paste again and reinstall?

I ran a cpu temp reader on the Server.  Temp is only running 47 Centigrade, which is well under maximum.