RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Network File Transferring Speed.

1clicc

Anyone having issuse with slow file transfering speed across the local network?  I have Essential R2 on my microserver Gen 8 and i'm have a very slow file transferring speed around 29mb/s-35mb/s on a Gigabit Lan.  Disabling firewall, antivirus/spyware i'm getting around 59mb/s which is still slow.  Any tips and trick to get the up?  Thanks for all the support guys.

The first thing I recommend is to connect the source and destination computer directly together with an Ethernet cable (no other devices in between). This will establish both a baseline speed and also indicate if there is a problem in either computer (i.e. if the speeds are still dreadful, then there's something wrong in at least one of them).

Sorry, It's just a small home network.  Right now it's just one PC and The Gen8 Server2012R2 Essential and just a few hand held devices.  Essential is DC configured and Client is joined to DC on Window 8.1 Pro using Sophos UTM 9.3 as a Gateway.  I hope this help.  Thanks again.

MB/s,  If you guys don't mine me asking, what are your guys transferring speed over the network or what should be the average speed one should have?

Edited by 1clicc

And the server and the PC are connected directly to the router?

Yes, they are connected directly to the router.

Edited by 1clicc