RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

For sale: Acer Aspire easyStore H342

CallSignMavrick

I'm selling my Acer H342 home server due to recently building a new Server 2012 R2 machine.

The H342 is in excellent condition and includes:

• Original box
  • Original cables, discs, and documentation
  • Additional driver disc & documentation to assist with possible future rebuilds of the box
  • Brand new 2TB HDD with a fresh install of WHS v.1 (All latest updates are installed)
  • Custom dongle for local video output
  • PCIe 2-port USB 3.0 add-on card

Asking $400+shipping, but will consider any offers.

• 1 month later...

I'm always good at spending other peoples money but have you consider keeping that box and using it for a backup for your new server.  I say this because the asking price is a little steep, based on what you can get a new i3t40 Lenovo server for today ($199).  Not trying to say it's not worth what you're asking, just putting out another perspective.

If you keep it and need some drive caddies, I have four that cam form a 340 that you could have.

Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it.

I already have a backup plan in place, so I really don't have any use for the H342 anymore.

Kind of an apples to oranges comparison though. The only Lenovo server I see for that price includes no HDD nor OS. This H342 on the other hand has a brand new HDD, and a fresh install of the WHS v1 OS.

Between the HDD (~$75), USB card (~$15) and debug/video dongle (~$95), what I'm selling is worth roughly $185 before you even get to the server itself. I'm certainly more than willing to negotiate a lower price, but for what you're getting, I would hardly call my asking price steep, especially the new lower one.

• 3 weeks later...