RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Lenovo M92 Tiny - Display Port to HDMI - No Signal

networkerati

Hi All

Apologies, if this is posted in the wrong category / forum.

I just acquired a M92 Tiny with i5-3470T 4GB RAM + 128GB SSD.

I purchased a Display Port to HDMI converter, in order to connect this pc to my HD TV (SONY Bravia) directly, when I power-on this system with windows 8 installed or with the USB installer, I get "no signal" on my tv via DP to HDMI.

However, when I connect this PC with a VGA cable to my TV, after a reboot I can get HDMI via the DP Port converter. Also, on a Dell 19inch Monitor with Windows 8 installer, i was getting "cannot display this video mode" but then I was able to install windows 8 via VGA cable to my TV. 

Can you please suggest / help in getting this pc connected via ONLY the Display Port to HDMI Converter?

Operating System  : Windows 8 Professional 64BIT

All Drivers installed.

Intel HD 2500.

Thank you for reading - Kind Regards

Your post is a little confusing. Are you saying your TV is working OK via HDMI as long as the VGA cable is connected? I'm not clear as to which port the TV is actually taking the signal from: its VGA port or an HDMI port.

Also, you haven't specified which DP-HDMI converter you're using.

Hi ikon,

thank you for your prompt response. 

Basically, if I plug in just the vga cable to my tv, it displays and no issues. but if I plug only the display port to hdmi converter - i get "no signal" 

if i connect my tv via vga cable to vga on tv and the dp port to hdmi converter to hdmi on my tv - i get display on both vga and the hdmi with audio. as soon as i unplug the vga cable from my pc or tv , i will loose HDMI as well.

this is a generic (unbranded) DP Port to HDMI Converter.

Please let me know, if i am still not clear - thanks again for your time

From what you're saying, it sounds like you're switching your TV from the VGA/PC input to the HDMI input, is that correct? And you're getting picture and sound on the HDMI port (as long as the VGA is attached)?

@ikon - basically I first tried just connecting to my TV via the display port to hdmi converter but "No Signal". I, then tried just the VGA cable from PC to TV VGA Port, it works fine.

Then, I plugged in the DP Port to HDMI Converter with the VGA cable connected and switched to HDMI - which works.

What I want is to connect with just the DP Port to HDMI Converter and remove the vga cable?

How are you connecting your M92 to your tv ? which DP Port to HDMI converter you are using ?

Thanks again for your prompt responses

networkerati, I don't have an M92 or DP to HDMI converter. I have worked with a few DP to HDMI converters. Basically, I'm trying to identify if there are generic issues that apply to many similar situations, to see if one of them applies to you. So far, I can't see any.

Hi Schoondoggy - TV is a Sony Bravia with 2 x HDMI inputs and 1 x VGA Input .

Hi ikon : Oh ok - I thought you had a M92, i think i confused you for some other forum user whose signature had a M92 :-)

Basically - all I want to do is to plug this M92 only with the DP Port to HDMI and not use the vga at all. 

Please let me know if you have any suggestions - i will try and get another dp port to hdmi converter and see if that helps - will update here. 

When you have the HDMI and VGA cables connected, what happens when you switch between those two inputs? 

Do you get video and audio on both?

Hi Schoondoggy,

Thank you for your prompt response. Yes when both HDMI and VGA are connected and I switch input i will get video and audio on hdmi and only video on VGA (which is normal)

If I unplug the vga cable while the machine is on and displaying on HDMI - i will loose HDMI signal / display.

i hope i have answered your query properly? 

thanks again