RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sling TV, Anyone tried it yet?

Diligent

Hey guys... Just wondering if anyone here has tried out Sling TV yet. Was thinking of giving it a try today. They give you a 7-day free trial, and 50% off a Roku 3, $50 off an Amazon Fire box, or a FREE Fire Stick if you pre-pay for 3 months.

Pretty nice channel line-up to start for $20/month. An article released about a week ago states that Epix, Epix2, Epix3, and Epix Drive-In are now on it too.

I was all Gung Ho about this product and when it arrived I sort of fizzled. I like to watch racing and half way through the year the coverage always switched over to TNT or ESPN.  I thought it would be the same this year and when I looked it up it's now Fox Sports 1.  That's not the fault of Dish but I was hoping to use the new Sling TV to fill in that coverage. 

The ESPN coverage is almost worth it.  Especially around Monday Night Football.  I think there will be a surge of subscriptions around then.  Including me.

Yeah, Monday night football is exactly why this interested me too. With no contracts and can come and go as you please, there's no doubt there will be more subscribers August through January!

The one thing that irks me the most, is how Dish is starting to go down the same road as cable/satellite by bundling the channels. I wish everything was 100% al la carte and was price/channel. Something like $1 per channel, with a $10/month minimum. Packages offered too, if customers want it. For me, the bundling of channels and having my hard-earned money go towards the funding of channels I don't like is the root reason why I cancelled my satellite TV years ago.

With Fox and Dish back to playing 'nice' with each other, you may eventually get your wish for Fox Sports :lol: