RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
danielsan123

What do you virtualise on your Gen8?

ikon

Which of course leaves out the most important question: why would you run a Minecraft server at all??? :D     [sorry, couldn't resist]

Trig0r

why would you run a minecraft server in a vm

performance would be so much better in the native os

minecraft is already slow enough due to being java

you are just adding load and lag due to the emulation for no reason apart from its cool to run in a vm

if something has to be run in x os i can understand running it in a vm

hence i do all my compiling in ubuntu in vmware workstation 11.1

for convenience and if its 40% slower so be it

Like so

http://s5.postimg.org/7tjuy8etx/Untitled.jpg

but running day to day things that can be run in the main os without a vm is not optimal

Its not because its cool to run stuff in a VM, its because I dont want to be installing anything in the host OS, that way if something goes VN I can just sort it simply without it effecting anything else..

Which of course leaves out the most important question: why would you run a Minecraft server at all??? :D     [sorry, couldn't resist]

Children.

danielsan123

I couldn´t imaging installing Minecraft server on my hyper-v host. My minecraft server is running a for 3-4 gamers (kids) at the moment. It´s using about 1500 - 2000 MB in RAM (within a guest of Server 2012R2). I also dislike the thought of having any other hardware running minecraft server from due to energy, simplicity etc.

ikon

Children.

I couldn´t imaging installing Minecraft server on my hyper-v host. My minecraft server is running a for 3-4 gamers (kids) at the moment. It´s using about 1500 - 2000 MB in RAM (within a guest of Server 2012R2). I also dislike the thought of having any other hardware running minecraft server from due to energy, simplicity etc.

Tell you children to go outside and play, but tell them to stay off my lawn :D :D (j/k)

Trig0r

If they were playing on your lawn they would have much larger problems than actually being caught by you playing on your lawn :D

ikon

Oh, you didn't know I live next door??? Bwahahahahahaha :ph34r:

Trig0r

Oh that's you is it, in that case can you stop that bloody child of yours going outside at 7am and kicking his ball against the bloody wall opposite before I go all Arrow on him and pin his ball to his bloody leg..

Unless of course you mean the other side...

Edited by Trig0r

ikon

The other side. I've heard that noise in the morning. I thought it was the headboard of your bed banging against the wall B) :rolleyes:

Trig0r

Not for that amount of time.... :(

ikon

Not as young as you used to be ??? ;)