• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• Jay2001

• SusanBradley

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Status report 2-24-2015 Case has been opened with Microsoft.  It [interestingly enough] only impacts 2012 R2 Essentials and no other platform.  If you remove KB3023562 from the client, the restore wi

A case raised by Susan Bradley will be looked into immediately.  I can assure you of that.   I have more respect for her when it comes to Windows Servers than anyone else I have listened to.

Confirmed as well. A backup is opening for restore as I type this, just waiting for a different computer to finish backing up. When I tried this yesterday, it was Crash City. So it's good to see the h

+1.  I just so happened to need to restore one file today and got the dreaded "not working" error.  I removed update KB3023562 and all is well on my Win 7 client.  Thanks guys!  Agreed on the great detective work.

I'm just wondering if this is not the first time it's happened. What I originally built my server I put 2 hot swap docking bays in and religiously rotated the server backups. So when I did break it and went to actually use the backups, I was mightily annoyed to find that both backups were unusable due to alleged corrupted files.

At the time, I thought I'd done something wrong. But now I wonder.

This particular update deals with the Kernel on the client.  I can also confirm that leaving the update on the server has no effect, but on the client something like a Permissions issue or Locked a .dll file is taking place.

I have not tried on the non r2 version of 2012,but I hope that one of the MVPs can forward this up the chain.

Anyone can report a bug.

Yes. Any of you who have experienced this bug should report it to MS. This is a failure in regression testing and MS needs to know about it.

Yes. Any of you who have experienced this bug should report it to MS. This is a failure in regression testing and MS needs to know about it.

How do we do this? ie. Links ect...

Steve Pitts

How do we do this?

An interesting question. When I looked into this in relation to the problems I was having copying large files to the Thecus from a Windows 7 Pro system the license terms all seemed to lead back to the fact that it is the OEM's responsibility to provide support for the NAS box that I'm running, and I'm guessing the probably applies to PCs running an OEM version of a Windows client too. If you've bought a 'boxed' copy of the OS then things might be different, and obviously those with support agreements almost certainly have a more direct route.

Fortunately in this instance Susan Bradley offered to raise a case on my behalf on the back of my Technet forum thread on the same issue, and I've just missed a phone call from a support engineer in the Small Business Server team (having some fun and games at work this weekend and thus wasn't able to answer the phone). Hopefully we can get the right eyeballs at MS on this one off the back of that case.

revengineer

Anyone can report a bug.

yeah right. If I do it it will get lost. Been there done that. Once I got as far as getting a note half year later that the bug will not get fixed. That was server 2012. I leave this to someone with direct contacts. This is how things get done.