RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Problems restoring files from client backup

I suspected as much but thought we should spell it out clearly so people searching the Internet can find it easily.

I just checked my WHS2011 and Win8.1 Desktop. Neither of them had KB3023562, so I ran Windows Update and hid it from the lists. Still have to check the Surface Pros and HTPC.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• Jay2001

• SusanBradley

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Status report 2-24-2015 Case has been opened with Microsoft.  It [interestingly enough] only impacts 2012 R2 Essentials and no other platform.  If you remove KB3023562 from the client, the restore wi

A case raised by Susan Bradley will be looked into immediately.  I can assure you of that.   I have more respect for her when it comes to Windows Servers than anyone else I have listened to.

Confirmed as well. A backup is opening for restore as I type this, just waiting for a different computer to finish backing up. When I tried this yesterday, it was Crash City. So it's good to see the h

Poppapete

It applies to everything back to vista and server 2003. Don't know if is causing problems with any of those systems!

Nice detective work guys. Just to be clear, are we talking about the update on just the clients, just the server, or both?

Just uninstalling it from the clients works for me. although it is on the server also.

Just uninstalling it from the clients works for me. although it is on the server also.

Yeah. It probably wouldn't affect the server unless you tried to do a Restore of the server itself.

Had the same issue.....eventually narrowed it down to the KB3023562 update.  I removed this update on all three machines that I had installed this on and all is fine now.

So how did you come to this conclusion?  There is nothing I can find about any issues with this patch.

So how did you come to this conclusion?  There is nothing I can find about any issues with this patch.

Well I just assumed it had something to do with the updates released on tuesday, because all was well prior to the updates and it was the biggest system wide chage I could think of and our friend "ccahoon" narrowed it down to this update KB3023562 by trial and error Im guessing.

Edited by Jay2001

After looking at the log file in the original post and the details about the patch, I can see the correlation, but it's a stretch.