RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Here's your chuckle/facepalm of the day, maybe even the week.

ikon

Finally, cables worthy of my platinum plated switch!

I'll wait for the used ones to hit eBay... :-P

BTW.... What's wrong with magic rocks??

I used to be one of those audiophiles that coloured in the edges of his CDs with a black Sharpie, and set his CD player on halved squash balls.  

Then I got married.  

Now we have various decrepit old Technics and Denon hifis from the 80s and a crummy Yamaha soundbar under the TV. :( 

• Like 1

Of course, the biggest laugh I got from the idea of these cables is the fact that people who buy them obviously have no concept of how digital communication works. They talk about the cables as though we're still living in an analog world.

Yeah, I bought a Panasonic TV a few months ago, and the sales guy was trying to sell me a Monster Cable HDMI lead nearly half the price of the TV.  I told him the 5 for $4 ones I got from China via eBay worked just fine.

Yeah, Monster is one of the biggest ripoffs out there. I heard from a few people that the profit margins for the stores and sales people is insane.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Monster is one of the biggest ripoffs out there. I heard from a few people that the profit margins for the stores and sales people is insane.

I know a couple people that do/have worked at Best Buy. Yeah, they sell Monster cables SOLELY for the profit margin. I think they make most of their money on gullible people who buy those cables.

Suddenly me leaving the handbrake off on my car and it wondering off down the road, up a kerb and into a post doesn't seem so bad.....:D