RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP SPP Download

Shuttleu

Okay, I know this isn't to do with the Microserver, but I couldnt find anywhere suitable for it to go.

I bought my N54L G7 from Servers Plus on 07-02-14 with a 3-year carepack.

When I got the server I set it all up and registered the server and CarePack with HP.

I have recently ordered a HP P410 and got told I should download the HP SPP to upgrade the firmware on the P410, however when I tried to download it, HP's website said I didn't have valid warranty, which the server still has warranty until 2017.

The only thing I can think of is that I may have registered it on another account, but I cannot think what account that would be.

Is there any way to find out what HP account the server and HP CarePack is registered to?

Not yet, from my personal experience I would like to try and avoid calling them up, but if there is no choice...

I was just wondering if there was any way to tell without having to jump through hoops on the phone.

I tried talking to someone on the live chat support, but got told they only deal with hardware repairs and I needed to send a email.  :unsure:

This is what I was trying to avoid. Hopefully they will email back with a account username or something.

I dont think you need that in order to get the firmware upgrade for P410, well at least I didn't

Take a look here   http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3883933&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4138

Thanks for the link, but what would I do for Ubuntu, I dont think the Redhat or SUSE would work. Or am I wrong?

I believe the reason I was told to get the HP SPP was because I could use it in a "offline" environment so Ubuntu wouldn't matter.

And this thread here (second post/first reply) http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Upgrading-DL180-G6-Smart-Array-P410-firmware/td-p/6154787#.VNqNR1OsX3o

Edited by Shuttleu

Get a email back from HP, apparently I had linked the Care Pack with the server, but I hadn't linked the server with my account  :unsure:

Much simpler than I was expecting. I thought they were going to ask me to supply proof of purchase and ownership or something like that. 

Well, that's a bright spot in 2 ways: 1) HP got back to you quickly 2) they had a good answer for you.

'Course, it's also a hit point against HP: why doesn't the registering of a Care Pack automatically ask you for an account to link it to. Seems like a 'dropped ball' to me on HP's part.