RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mgriffiths

What cable required to run 2nd port on P410

mgriffiths

It's possible to get soft rubber-like materials for consumer 3D printers now.

@mgriffiths: if you attach an external drive (mine is connected via USB2) to the system, you can back up the OS SSD and have the backup available for restoring if needed, such as after a bad update.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. USB attached drive and image off the OS disk once a week via a scheduled task. Unplug it when not required (remembering to plug it when task is due :lol:   )

ikon

I don't think you've said but, if you're running any version of WHS, you can use the DashBoard to configure the backup of the OS drive. That's what I did on my WHS2011.

mgriffiths

I don't think you've said but, if you're running any version of WHS, you can use the DashBoard to configure the backup of the OS drive. That's what I did on my WHS2011.

I'm going full W2K12 R2 and going to investigate the "Windows Server Essentials Experience" role. I think that does similar but need to test install it before finalizing my build

or even just the "Windows Server Backup" feature

Edited by mgriffiths

ikon

Yes, the Essentials Experience is a version of WHS. However, I believe Essentials Experience is run in a VM. In that case, you could simply keep copies of the VM file as the backups.

schoondoggy

Are you questioning Amazon's pricing practices? Don't go outside, there is an Amazon drone waiting for you,,,,,,

ikon

LMAO :D

It's highly doubtful that any consumer drone could fly in the temps around my house today :)

schoondoggy

And what temp would that be?