RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

"Restore files or folders for the server" option

g725s

I really don't install (m)any applications. One thing you might be able to do is shrink the D: partition and expand the C:.

I'm not sure that's necessary though. My C: drive is the normal 60GB, and it has 35GB free. I could install quite a few apps with that much space. I just don't keep any data at all on C: or D:.

BTW, I mentioned it earlier but, just to reinterate, my D: drive is empty; there is absolutely nothing on it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikon

• g725s

• jmwills

• Poppapete

Top Posters In This Topic

Poppapete

Are you saying that a user file is left on D: ?

No it is on C: with all the administration files and any programs you might install.  I use the server as a media server so I have a few programs which do not take up much space but work better from the SSD.

You then set up your data drives and using the dashboard move the serverfolders to this drive. This will include a few subfolders that are setup during install (Music, Video, Pictures and most importantly the Client Backups).  You can add to these as you wish and you can share them or even map to them from a client.

No it is on C: with all the administration files and any programs you might install.  I use the server as a media server so I have a few programs which do not take up much space but work better from the SSD.

You then set up your data drives and using the dashboard move the serverfolders to this drive. This will include a few subfolders that are setup during install (Music, Video, Pictures and most importantly the Client Backups).  You can add to these as you wish and you can share them or even map to them from a client.

So what is on your D: drive once you move the shares?