RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

19pin USB3 board header to USB2 on case

scruffters

Hello folks,

I wondered if anybody know where I could get one of these in the UK:

874087.jpg

I've got a board with a 19 pin (I think) USB3 header and an older rack case with 2x USB2 up front. The exact gender of the cable pictured should do the job. I'd just like to be able to use the front ports for peripherals if required - rather than them appearing dead.

All of the cables I can find are weeks away in China etc.

Thanks in adavance - I googled pretty hard, then figured somebody here might know a place that carries this sort of thing. Misco, Lindy, eBuyer, Scan don't keep it - from what I can see.

Haven't looked but I'd start with MonoPrice.  With RadioShack going out of business you might find a good deal there too.

Sorry, just sorry the UK tag,

Have you tried Amazon.uk?  Searching for USB 2.0 to 3.0 Adaptor got me a bunch of hits on the US site.

Edited by Joe_Miner

Thanks for the heads up jmwills.

I couldn't find anything on MonoPrice, but almost nowhere over here seems to stock that cable - which is bizarre!

Edited by scruffters

Now, if I were back in Korea, I'd know exactly where to go in Seoul to get this and ANYTHING else computer related.

:)  we have good premium parts suppliers here in the UK, but very few that sell lots of useful bits.

I'd love to visit a proper radio shack or something like that. About the best we have is maplin, but its quite expensive.