RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Graphics card fan not turning on

nooob

Hello,

My cpu build doent detect my keyboard, it got no beep sound, GPU fans not turning on even though it become warm for 3 mins. Monitor doesnt display "no input detect" instead it displays nothing.

How can I install BIOS if most of the important part doesnt work.

Please help

Wow, it really sounds like you have some serious issues with the hardware. With so many things not working, it's very hard to help.

And also with so little information.

OP, you'll have to give us more to go on.  For example, what hardware have you used?  Board model, CPU model, RAM model, PSU, etc, etc.  

If the GPU fan isn't turning and it's getting warm, I'm thinking there's something pretty important gone wrong.  Fans spinning is pretty much an indication of a power issue.

Edited by HellDiverUK
  • Like 2

HellDiverUK, that raises an interesting question. The OP mentions the GPU fan. What about the CPU fan? Perhaps the GPU fan isn't coming on because he forgot to install the extra power connector to the GPU? No extra power to the GPU could easily account for the fan not spinning and no display on the monitor.

Definitely need more information here.

Though, have you tried the GFX card in a different system to make sure it works?

Also, either what power supply are you using, or what's it's rated wattage and power efficiency (if it has one)?

Hello,

My cpu build doent detect my keyboard, it got no beep sound, GPU fans not turning on even though it become warm for 3 mins. Monitor doesnt display "no input detect" instead it displays nothing.

How can I install BIOS if most of the important part doesnt work.

Please help

it looks like you are not even going thru Post -- is that correct?

We need more information -- more details -- on your build.

Power Supply Unit?

Motherboard?

CPU?

RAM?

HDD/SDD?

OS?

Is/was this a totally new build?

or was it running before you installed the Graphics Card?

Were you wearing a grounding strap (static discharge strap) all the time while building/installing?

We just need a lot more information if we are to help you drill down to a possible root cause.............  Pictures might even help...............

it looks like you are not even going thru Post -- is that correct?

We need more information -- more details -- on your build.

Power Supply Unit?

Motherboard?

CPU?

RAM?

HDD/SDD?

OS?

Is/was this a totally new build?

or was it running before you installed the Graphics Card?

Were you wearing a grounding strap (static discharge strap) all the time while building/installing?

We just need a lot more information if we are to help you drill down to a possible root cause.............  Pictures might even help...............

Yes I am not going through POST

My CPU is

AMD FX 6300 6-core black edition 3.5GHz AM3+

Motherboard is

MSI 970A-G43 AM3+

HDD is

Seagate Barracuda HDD Internal Bare Drive 1TB 720 RPM

I dont have an SSD

PSU is

Corsair CX Series 600 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 552 Power Supply CX600M

GPU is

Gigabyte Radeon R9 270x 4096MB GDDR5 OC version

RAM is

Corsair 8G DDR3 1600MHz vengeance low profile

Do you want the picture of the build or every computer parts i bought?

I wasnt wearing any ground strap cause the video i was following wasnt too and i remembered that i have to hold my hands in a metal so i always do that. I hold it to the metal casing for 10 or more seconds

is the video i was following.

HellDiverUK, that raises an interesting question. The OP mentions the GPU fan. What about the CPU fan? Perhaps the GPU fan isn't coming on because he forgot to install the extra power connector to the GPU? No extra power to the GPU could easily account for the fan not spinning and no display on the monitor.

CPU fans is working. Two of them is working. And the fan of the processor is working

I am not really sure how to install extra power of GPU. But on thing i am sure is that the connection of PSI-E cable from my PSU to my GPU. I tripple check it.

Definitely need more information here.

Though, have you tried the GFX card in a different system to make sure it works?

Also, either what power supply are you using, or what's it's rated wattage and power efficiency (if it has one)?

I dont have any other GPU only the radeo r9 270x oc version

whats do you mean by rated wattage and power efficiency. How to know them?

20150202_135635.jpg20150202_135650.jpg

Edited by nooob

The extra GPU power I was talking about is a cable that goes directly from the PSU to the GPU. It's normally a cable with 4 or 6 pins that often plugs into the back end of the GPU (the end opposite the one where you connect the video cable).

It sounds like you may have the cable already attached. You said psi-e, but I suspect you meant PCI-E cable. In that case, that is the cable. This extra power is needed because the PCI-E specification (the one that details the design of the expansion slots that the GPU plugs into) doesn't provide enough power for many modern GPU cards.

The extra GPU power I was talking about is a cable that goes directly from the PSU to the GPU. It's normally a cable with 4 or 6 pins that often plugs into the back end of the GPU (the end opposite the one where you connect the video cable).

It sounds like you may have the cable already attached. You said psi-e, but I suspect you meant PCI-E cable. In that case, that is the cable. This extra power is needed because the PCI-E specification (the one that details the design of the expansion slots that the GPU plugs into) doesn't provide enough power for many modern GPU cards.

Could it be the MOBO is the problem if the cable is connected? or the PSU?

Ive attached an image on my second post so you can see them better

Edited by nooob