RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

TS140 Audio Issues

russbean

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't especially through the DisplayPort - that's a direct line from the GPU in the CPU.  The analogue ports will be powered by a Realtek or something similar.

It might be more important to see if the P4600 built in to the CPU supports HD audio, but to be honest I don't see why it wouldn't.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikon

• schoondoggy

• HellDiverUK

• russbean

Intel did have some newer drivers, but two channels is still the only option for the display port audio settings. My guess is that it is a limitation of the TS140. I'll try to verify this with Lenovo. HD audio is available through the analog jacks, but my receiver doesn't have analog audio inputs for surround sound.

Well, that should be fine.

Have you tried other ports on the receiver? 

Do you have another receiver you can plug it into?

When you have the cable plugged into the receiver, go into devices in Control panel and see if it is showing it as HD audio.

The Dell T20 is a very similar design, but they choose to pass no audio over the DisplayPort.

I did not read the whole thing, but it appears to have yes's in all the right places:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/performance-xeon-e3-1200-hd-graphics-p4000-guide.pdf

I searched for "audio" in the PDF. There was only one reference, and it was indeed to the Display Port. Right under that entry was one for HD audio, but it had no indication as to which port it's on, so I assume it's for the DisplayPort.

Well, that should be fine.

Have you tried other ports on the receiver?

Do you have another receiver you can plug it into?

When you have the cable plugged into the receiver, go into devices in Control panel and see if it is showing it as HD audio.

The receiver has two HDMI ports, and I hadn't tried then both yet. Thanks for the suggestion. However, it didn't change anything.

I do not have another receiver to test with, but I'll ask around to see if I can come up with a loaner.

It doesn't show up as HD audio under devices. It shows the name of the receiver and lists it as a monitor and audio device. If I try to configure the speakers, "stereo" is the only option. Under properties it states maximum channels 2.

Edited by russbean