RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
PCEddie

What Web Host Provider Do You Use?

britishbob

If it is still of interest, I use 1 & 1 I have used them over several years. They offer flexible packages including free domain registration. I have never found my site down and a "tech support email" is usually answered fairly quickly. I use Wordpress on my site and there are no issues with it.

frijole

I know they don't always get the best press, but I've been quite pleased with GoDaddy. If you can ignore the up-sales, I've had good customer service and reliable hosting for a very low price. They might be a cliche provider, but they work for me.

britishbob

I know they don't always get the best press, but I've been quite pleased with GoDaddy. If you can ignore the up-sales, I've had good customer service and reliable hosting for a very low price. They might be a cliche provider, but they work for me.

I am always put off by their crude advertising methods

Operator

SurpassHosting is pretty good... and I just stumbled upon this place called FatCow Hosting which seems promising...

PCEddie

A followup to my post. After a long debate and some research from your posts. I have decided to use Host Monster to host my web site. Last month my web site (www.pceddienc.com) was attacked which resulted in my web site to be down. The attack resulted in my WordPress menu buttons to stop working. A friend who was hosting my web site suggested http://sucuri.net/ to restore my web site. The cost of the service costs $89.99 per year. They were able to restore my web site. My web site is currently down as I am in the process of moving my web site to my own host account. I will keep you all posted on how Host Monster works out for me.

ikon

I am always put off by their crude advertising methods

I second that opinion. I wouldn't use them simply because of it.

princevj

By my personal experience i will suggest you a site they are indeed doing good service in hosting Tucktail.com and they provide excellent customer service and support.

direktorn

wordpress.com ?

awraynor

I recently started a blogging site as a hobby and trialed a few products.

For me personally:

Squarespace.com - simply didn't work as promised and themes were too artsy

Blogger - too basic even for me

Wix - tried to do too much

WordPress - more work than I wanted to invest. Also, apparently a lot of money for themes, addins, etc.

What I ultimately settled on was Weebly. It's drag-and-drop interface just worked. It took a little bit to figure

out my page layout, but I think I have it now. I will soon (wife out of town for a whole weekend soon),

apply a custom theme to spice it up. Weebly also makes your mobile site automatically and it works well.

Weebly has a free option and that may suffice. With the pro account you get search, slideshows, e-mail,

multimedia options and a lot more. Does it meet the power of WordPress, no, it's not meant to. It will allow

you to dig in the code if you want to however. It also has e-commerce options.

The themes can be a little bland, but a few clicks will change the whole theme with little effort. There are sites

that offer custom themes such as:
webfirethemes.com

themepenguin.com

divtagtemplates.com however is the go to for Weebly. Jeremy offers a lot of how-to-videos even if you don't buy

from him and they are very helpful.

May not work for me, but for a little money I feel I am getting a lot.