RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Warranty on Gen8

xhemp

Hi,

I have been thinking of using a Xeon E1230V2 on my Gen8 but I have a question with regards to warranty.

Using that processor and if I have any issues with the server, is my warranty void?

Just want to understand how it works.

Thanks!

That's a good question. 'Course, if you keep the OEM CPU hanging around, you could always put it back if you have issues. ;)

That is true, ikon, thanks :)

But just want to know if someone experienced an issue when using something not in the specs.

It would void the warranty if you needed to send the system back. Most support issues on MS Gen8 are handled through sending out replacement parts.

If you had an issue you could replace the original CPU run any test the HP asked for and get a part replaced. The motherboard and the power supply are the main things that need to be replaced.

It would void the warranty if you needed to send the system back. Most support issues on MS Gen8 are handled through sending out replacement parts.

If you had an issue you could replace the original CPU run any test the HP asked for and get a part replaced. The motherboard and the power supply are the main things that need to be replaced.

Thanks, schoondoggy, that's helpful!