Samsung Evo 1TB SSD (for Hyper-V)

6TB WD HDD

4TB WD HDD

HP 9.5mm Jack Black DVD-RW

HP NC365T Quad Port Gigabit NIC

HP TPM

HP iLO Advanced

HP PS1810-8G

I've previously owned an N40L & N54L but love the Gen8, with the Xeon in it is a very capable machine.  I've also got an ML110 G7 to similar spec + HP LTO-4 but it is a fair bit noiser so isn't used 24 x 7, but more as a backup & media server.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a Gen9 but for the moment I'm trying to offload my N54L!

Gareth

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forums Gareth!  Very nice setup and that is a fantastic picture!

Are you running your drives on the B120i or is your BIOS set to AHCI?

I'd love to see some performance numbers on your drives -- especially that 6TB WD :)

Welcome and that looks like a very nice system. I am an HP hater so I have never got into the microserver like everyone else on these forums. And I would prefer to build my own server but your setup and picture makes me wonder...

Thanks for the welcome :)

The drives all run off the B120i, I don't bother with RAID as I'm running a 10TB home share and have multiple backups (a Netgear NAS, 2nd server & a HP LTO-4).

I've never understood why people 'hate' HP, I work in the industry and have worked with IBM, Dell & HP for many years, I'd take HP every time.

I'm as much of a system builder as the next guy, but you can't beat these compact, solid servers and as above you can spec them to be truly capable machines. Admittedly, its not cheap but for a home solution where power consumption, space and noise levels matter, my little box can easily outgun some Enterprise level servers & operate 24x7 without issue.

Edited by WatercooledWizard
  • Like 1

There are only 4 HDDs?

1 x 120GB, 1 x 1TB, 1 x 6TB, 1 x 4TB

All in the standard bays.

I've never understood why people 'hate' HP, I work in the industry and have worked with IBM, Dell & HP for many years, I'd take HP every time.

I just don't care for them...........

Edited by Joe_Miner
Edit by Mod

Yep, I also work with the bunch: HP, Dell, IBM and Fujitsu and HP is the best from the bunch.

HP : medium prices, medium suport , good hardware quality, medium support price

Dell: medium to low prices, crap support, good hardware quality, medium support price

IBM: expensive prices (+35% for any equivalent hardware from HP), medium support, good hardware quality, expensive support price

Fujitsu: medium to low prices, crap support, good hardware quality, medium support price

Very bleak offerings in my oppinion.

• Like 1