RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Restore EX485 with 3.0

mseagrov

Hello,

I need some help, I had the main system drive fail on my EX485. I put in a new WD 1TB hard drive and did the recovery server option with the HP 3.0 recovery disk. When I try to install the connector software to setup the server I get this error. windows home server initialization failed.

Thanks

Mike

Do you have any devices plugged into the USB ports? If you do, unplug them and try again.

Others have reported problems when trying to use a Windows 7 64-bit PC to run the restore CD.

If neither of these are the issue, could you give us some more detail on the number of drives, connected with a LAN cable, Internet disconnected, etc.

When you did the reinstall, did you 1st uninstall the old connector ?

I did uninstall the old connector before i did the server reinstall. I do have Windows 7 64bit and I am connected with a router and the internet.

I did uninstall the old connector before i did the server reinstall. I do have Windows 7 64bit and I am connected with a router and the internet.

What about the USB ports? Seems like I remember having a problem and it was an external drive plugged in the top back USB port.

What about the USB ports? Seems like I remember having a problem and it was an external drive plugged in the top back USB port.

No usb drive or anything else attached.