RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
NicCo

Synchronization between a host and a remote machine over the WAN ?

Poppapete

Because I have too much data to suscribe at a cloud offer (I've already tried hubiC but it's slow...) :)

Onedrive has unlimited data for free as long as you have office 365. I assume most people have office!

NicCo

Onedrive has unlimited data for free as long as you have office 365. I assume most people have office!

Where can I find this information ? I've only found OneDrive with Office 365 + 1TB for 7€/month...

jmwills

I doubt One Drive is going to let you park 6TB of data up there.

ikon

Office 365 is not free. You have to buy a subscription. You can buy Office itself as a standalone package, but that's not Office 365.

Where can I find this information ? I've only found OneDrive with Office 365 + 1TB for 7€/month...

See response to Poppapete.

Poppapete

http://blogs.office.com/2014/10/27/onedrive-now-unlimited-storage-office-365-subscribers/

Seems I out on a limb here. I have been using office since it has been office. In fact I started with Multiplan (see who can remember that one). I was very reluctant to give up Office 2013 and go with the Office 365 subscription model. I am now a convert and can see subscription models will be the only choice for vendors of software (including OS's). I have to trust MS and that includes their cloud.  Before I die I assume I will have all my OS's on Azure.

So I move on and realize that moving all my data to onedrive (I keep all the data offline as well) including music allows me to access any of it on my desktop, surface or phone all synced.

It will not be the choice of all people. I do not keep all my video/movie files there and it is true that they will not be synced perfectly when I have no internet access.

6TB is not a lot for onedrive to handle at present and there are some limitations.

File number is limited to 20,000 but will increase.

There is no limit to the number of devices, including Xbox as long as you use the one account

File size was 10GB last time I looked but that too will increase ( so I don't have my pst file on the onedrive).

And as I said it is free and unlimited with a 360 subscription.

To me it's a no brainer. Put all the files you can into onedrive.  Log into your MS account anywhere in the world on any of the MS devices and the files are there.

ikon

Multiplan?.... how 'bout VisiCalc, or WordStar, or MODem 7 :D

Poppapete

MODem7 is the only one I never had or heard of. It doesn't even google. I'll bite. What was it?

Poppapete

Ah, XMODEM before DOS.  I think I had a Tandy CM/P machine that used XMODEM. That had the Daisy Wheel printer we were talking about somewhere here last week. Memories!

ikon

CP/M, but I know what you meant :) I still have a working Kaypro II.