RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

whs 2011 - cant find it!

tbarkatali

OK up and running! Managed to get the bay 1 drive to be seen as a separate drive..

If I want to take the 1tb HDD out of my old htpc (windows 7) it has just my video files on it and plug it into bay 2 of the microserver will it be safe to do so? I want to copy the data off it onto the server.. (Will it even be recognised?)

Started copying the 1st HDD via the network (both wired) its pulling at 75mb/s that's good right?!

Quite reasonable really. 75MB/sec is about 750Mb/sec, which is pretty good for a 1000Mb link.

Just about finished the first tb transfer.. Once that's done I'll try setting up the first lot of media as a mapped network drive and see how I get on..

I need to figure out how to access the servers functions without actually having it connected to a screen.. Ie I want it switched on constantly but not connected to a screen..

So how do I then access it from my laptop or htpc to control software such as sickbeard and updates etc without it being connected to a screen?

If your laptop and HTPC have the Connector installed, you can use it to start the DashBoard. That will let you do updates, but I'm skeptical about it letting you control sickbeard. For that, you may have to use Remote Desktop.