RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
NicCo

StableBit DrivePool vs DriveBender with Windows 8.1 ?

ikon

Hi, thanks to all ;)

For me it's a AMD USB 3.0 Chipset from ASRock AM1H-ITX but I don't know if it's a Renesas or NEC or other brand...

I've tried again and same problem, I can't use my external USB 3.0 HDD if Scanner service is started so it's a problem for me :(

The specs say the USB3 header on the board uses an ASMedia ASM 1042A chipset. I presume that would be for the 2 front panel USB connectors. I have no idea how compatible this chipset is with Scanner.

The specs don't say what chipset is used for the rear panel I/O USB3 connectors.

NicCo

I’ve tried both (rear and front) but same issue...

ikon

I’ve tried both (rear and front) but same issue...

That would lend credence to the idea that it's the USB3 circuit in the JMicron controller. It would be good if we could establish for sure that all these external hard drives have JMicron controllers.

NicCo

Hi,

My external HDD is a Icy Box IB-RD3219StU3-B and it seems to include an AS Media ASM1051 chipset. I'll try to test with an other external HDD.

• Like 1

ikon

Darn! It seems to be pretty difficult to track this down. We'll have to keep searching.

Drashna Jaelre

Many thanks to all ! I didn't hope so much responses !

DrivePool seems to be a very good solution for me, so I'm going to try it for a while and buy it ;)

My 2 last questions :

- Is it possible to notify HDD errors by e-mail ?

- Is it possible to buy 2 packs DrivePool + Scanner with a discount price ? Like DrivePool 2 licenses or Scanner 2 licenses ? :D

Thanks !

Yes, on both. 

StableBit Scanner has a decently large "notifications" section, which includes email, SMS and multiple mobile notification options.

And yes, any license purchased after the first one can be purchased at a discount. Though, we don't have a good way to do this as a single transaction right now.

If you want two and two of them, buy the combo. On the Order Completion page, there will be links to purchase more licenses at a discounted price. 

So I've installed DrivePool and Scanner, add a first HDD SATA drive and restart my PC. Next I've plugged my HDD USB 3.0 and I've had a bug, unable to see my files under my external HDD and Scanner was blocked on Initializing status. I've shutdown my PC but it didn't shutdown so I've unplugged my external HDD and PC has shutdown. Then I've restarted without external HDD plugged, stop Scanner service and plugged my external HDD and it works.

Is there a bug with external HDD and Scanner ? Is there a way to config to not scan removable devices ?

Thanks !

Unfortunately, in some cases StableBit Scanner can cause issues with some controllers/externals.

Could you open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contactso we can help you directly (assuming you haven't already, and I'm just behind today)?

Poppapete

I fixed my problem (well a workaround) by not scanning the USB connected drive.

Alex (Stablebit) has a list of controllers that cause issues, so you should let him know.

I just run the proprietary software for that drive every 3 months.

In my case lifeguard.

NicCo

Hi,

I will open a ticket to StableBit support :) but it's not my priority (I'm interested to know how I can disable USB drive scanning please) and I have bought 2 licenses of DrivePool today :D

I have an other problem : on my first PC, I have 3 SATA HDD and all is OK but on my second PC, I have 6 SATA HDD and I can see only 4. I can't see the 2 others. An idea please ? I've disable Scanner, restarted my PC but no changes...

Thanks !

NicCo

I have found the solution on CoveCube : reset all settings ! And now it's OK I'm seeing all disks.