RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Problems getting Lightsout to suspend a WHS V1

wrouffa

I've just restored my HP EX485 WHS V1.  I am trying to reinstall and initiate lights-out so that the server will sleep at a scheduled time nightly.  I've installed and set up the software and added a command on the calendar the suspend at 10PM each night and then run each morning at 8.  The sever fails to respond as requested.  I've tried restarting the server as well as forcing end action on the calendar and trying turnoff instead of suspend.  Nothing happens.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple but for the life of me I cant figure it out.  Can someone help me?

thanks!

Well, first, are all the drivers installed for the system? Especially the vga drivers?

Also, the best place to ask is the We Got Served forums, as Tinus, the developer, is active there and can give better answers. 

Also, try running "powercfg /availablesleepstates" on the server. Make sure that S3 or higher sleep states are enable. It will also list what is blocking the sleep state.

I was able to resolve the issue by shutting OFF (not just restarting) both my client PC as well as the server!  Thanks for your support!

haha! :)

Yeah, that will do it. By default, the client app will wake up the server. So, if the client is on as well... :)

Basically, it was doing what it was supposed to. 

And IIRC, you can disable that functionality, if wanted. Check the settings, and for the "Monitoring".