RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
ImTheTypeOfGuy

What did you get in the mail today?

jmwills

Still waiting due to the bad weather here.

oj88

Received the Vornado 660 I ordered a few days ago. Summer is beginning to show its fiery face around here.

HellDiverUK

Ordered a TPLink Archer C7 last night from Amazon at 5.30pm.  Delivery man was on the doorstep at 9.45am this morning.  

The Archer replaces the totally rubbish and horrendously overpriced Linksys WDR1900AC.  The C7 is less than half the price of the Linksys, and gives better range.  Oh, and doesn't suck 20W, and doesn't randomly drop wifi signal.  Linksys, you suck.  Thankfully I can return it to Amazon for free and get a full refund. :)

It really makes my mind explode thinking about people buy humidifiers.  Living in Ireland it's rarely below 80% humidity in winter, most of the time it's 95-100%.  

For 6 months of the year I run a dehumidifer that's pumping out 5-10 litres of water out of the house a day, just so the condensation isn't running down the windows, filling the window sills and then running on to the floor.  Opening the window doesn't help, because all you're doing is letting in 100% humidity air at 5C.

Edited by HellDiverUK

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I am considering a hole house humidifier.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

ikon

I am considering a hole house humidifier.

:D I love typos :D

Seriously though, I did consider a whole house unit, attached to my furnace. I was particularly looking at the Honeywell whole house steam unit, but I couldn't find a way to route the drain hose to my house drain without tearing up the basement floor, which is not something I'm willing to do.

In any case, we've found that the Essick Air unit is giving us around 50% humidity in the house, which is plenty at the temps we get.

jmwills

My Amazon Echo finally arrived!

Jason

Let us know what you think. Have had mine for a month and couldn't be more disappointed. Only use it for temperatures and occasional measuring conversions in the kitchen. Really needs Apple integration not likely to happen. Worst case it's a decent Bluetooth speaker.

Let us know what you think. Have had mine for a month and couldn't be more disappointed. Only use it for temperatures and occasional measuring conversions in the kitchen. Really needs Apple integration not likely to happen. Worst case it's a decent Bluetooth speaker.

jmwills

The Specs:  Packaging rivals or exceeds anything Apple does and this thing is solid.  Weighing in at about 4-6 pounds and is about 9-10 inches in height.  The only thing my wife doesn't like is being able to change the wake up word (Alexa) to something of her choosing, what she won't say.

Setup was just amazingly easy as we already have a Prime account and for once I read the manual, what there was to read.  There is an App you download to need to download for connection to your wireless connection but other than that I haven't found much in the App I would use. From plugging it in to being online was less than two minutes as I was streaming music, asking for kitchen help, to making shopping lists.

The easiest thing to do is stream music.  "Alexa, play Sweet Home Alabama" with which she replied "Roll Tide", not really, but after about 2-3 seconds (really no longer) she responds with sorting through last know versions of Sweet Home Alabama and then Lynyrd Skynrd kicks off.  All of this took no longer than 6 seconds.

Sound quality is very good but a little heavy on the bass side.  Wireless signals from houses 2 away were found so from a internet capabilities standpoint it is sound.  I'm anxious to see how shopping lists are accumulated and exported.  The App, which is needed to connect to your wireless signal, shows play history, shopping lists, and of course nice little things you can buy from Amazon.  This is not to say the App is ad heavy which it is not in fact it is very minimal unless you really want to buy something.

That's all for now but I am very interested digging deeper into this device and possibly getting a couple more for Christmas gifts.

Jason

Unfortunately when the device loses power and restarts, it typically won't remember it's network settings requiring the setup to be rerun each time. As it has no internal battery. I'm hopeful that the Amazon community will adopt it quickly sparking further development as having reminders set in the separate Echo app instead of Outlook is limiting... It also cannot play from iTunes Home Sharing, etc. ours has become more or less an Alexa weather channel thus far. Even with kids, we've not found application for it calling Heads or Tails.