Router won't UPnP for WHS 2011 Remote Web Access

jmwills

I get nothing when I tty that link.

ikon

You don't get a certificate error JW?

jmwills

Nothing.

g725s

I have spotty phone service at home.  So I am unable to try the site with my phone tethered to my laptop here.  I will try it later tonight and get back on how that worked.

ikon

For others who may need to check their RWA cert, here are the instructions jmwills sent to g725s. I fleshed them out just a bit:

Go to:

• Control Panel>Administrative Tools> Internet Information Services

• In the far left pane, expand the folder that has your server's name, then the folder named Sites and you will see three sites

• Highlight the one named "Default Web Site"

• Look to the far right in the Actions Pane and, under the Edit heading, select "Bindings"

Under the Types Column find the HTTPS entry that corresponds with *.443:  and hit the Edit Button

At the bottom of that screen you will see the SSL Cert tied to the site. It should be the same as the name you used to register RWA with Microsoft. For example, if you registered RWA with the name mybasementserver then the HTTPS cert should read mybasementserver.homeserver.com.

g725s

For others who may need to check their RWA cert, here are the instructions jmwills sent to g725s. I fleshed them out just a bit:

Go to:

• Control Panel>Administrative Tools> Internet Information Services

• In the far left pane, expand the folder that has your server's name, then the folder named Sites and you will see three sites

• Highlight the one named "Default Web Site"

• Look to the far right in the Actions Pane and, under the Edit heading, select "Bindings"

Under the Types Column find the HTTPS entry that corresponds with *.443:  and hit the Edit Button

At the bottom of that screen you will see the SSL Cert tied to the site. It should be the same as the name you used to register RWA with Microsoft. For example, if you registered RWA with the name mybasementserver then the HTTPS cert should read mybasementserver.homeserver.com.

FYI, this checks out for me.  I don't understand what might be the problem.  As it works from my Adroid phone (Sprint) but not from my friends wireless internet connection on my Windows 7 Laptop.

ikon

As I suggested in PM, try using the WAN IP address I gave you. Also, try PINGing the name xxxxxx.homeserver.com (replace the x's with your server's homeserver.com name or course). Also PING the IP address itself.

I expect you will only get Request timed out responses, but that's OK. It will show that the address exists at least.

ikon

How long ago did you originally set up RWA?

Have you run RWA more than once on the server?

Have you tried uninstalling RWA, rebooting, then reinstalling it?

If you ran RWA more than once, did you use the same server name all along? Have you tried running the RWA Wizard and giving the server a different homeserver.com name?

jmwills

I think this is a case in where the originally issues Cert may have expired.

g725s

How long ago did you originally set up RWA?

Have you run RWA more than once on the server?

Have you tried uninstalling RWA, rebooting, then reinstalling it?

If you ran RWA more than once, did you use the same server name all along? Have you tried running the RWA Wizard and giving the server a different homeserver.com name?

You might be on to something here.

I think I've ran it a few times (once originally).  Even this time I think I ran it twice because I thought something might be wrong because it would not work.  And I believe I did use the same server name each time.  No have not tried running it again with a different name.

When editing 443 Site Binding in the drop-down for SSL certificate there is only one xxxxx.homeserver.com, and the server name only twice in capitalization once with -CA.

Now what?

Edited by g725s