RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Ooma Telephone Service Starter Kit $89.99 New

Dave

Woot had a refurbished unit last week for about $70. I do have a Google Voice Number that gets all of the forwarded calls and converts the VoiceMail into email.

He is saying a five year old probably doesn't have his/her own cell phone. So how do they dial 911 if mommy is down and her cell phone cannot be found.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

• Like 2

I had switched my home number to a cell phone for awhile (had it routed to all my wired phones in the house) but Oma is LOTS cheaper, the sound quality is a LOT better, and in addition to being able to dial 911 from any house phone I have Oma's blocking feature (an upgrade feature) which is wonderful.  I switched to Oma based on Dave's recommendation about 1.5 yrs ago and am very happy with it.

We love our Ooma. But just have one primary cordless phone base and other handsets running off of it. Not using any POTS wall jacks.

How did you route the Oma box back to your wired jacks?

I made a cord that comes out of the Ooma and connects to the internal wiring of house for our phones. I took the inside two wires from the Ooma and connected it to the outside two wires of the structural wiring. Our phones are set up to handle two lines. The Ooma is on one line and Comcast VOIP (for work) is on the other.

MBkqpD.gif