RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How to enable/disable Dashboard Add-ins?

Jason

I recently launched my WSE12R2 Dashboard and it hung up.  I then closed and re-launched it and it identified Stablebit Drivepool add-in as a possible culprit.  I proceeded to disable that add-in and continue with launching the Dashboard and it worked fine.  I then closed and re-opened Dashboard to test it and again it launched successfully.  Now, I cannot figure out how to RE-ENABLE the Stablebit Drivepool add-in?  SB Drivepool itself is still installed on the system.  I can even launch SB DP manually and it runs fine.

Am I missing an option to enable/disable add-ins somewhere?  SB DP is not showing under the Applications tab of the Dashboard currently.

Thanks!

There are three ways to do this:

1. On the server itself, find the "Dashboard (Safe Mode)" option in the start menu.
  2. On the client, open the launcher (where you log in), and select the "Options" button. Check the "allow me to choose which add-ins" option, then log in.
  3. If the dashboard is loaded already, the click on the "Help"  "button", Click on the "Save mode settings". This is for the next launch of the dashboard.

All three options bring up a window that will allow you to enable or disalbe different "add-ins" for the dashboard. In fact, you can use this to remove "fluff" that you don't want, as well. Such as Exchange integration or Azure integration, or Office 365 integration.

There are three ways to do this:

1. On the server itself, find the "Dashboard (Safe Mode)" option in the start menu.
  2. On the client, open the launcher (where you log in), and select the "Options" button. Check the "allow me to choose which add-ins" option, then log in.
  3. If the dashboard is loaded already, the click on the "Help"  "button", Click on the "Save mode settings". This is for the next launch of the dashboard.

All three options bring up a window that will allow you to enable or disalbe different "add-ins" for the dashboard. In fact, you can use this to remove "fluff" that you don't want, as well. Such as Exchange integration or Azure integration, or Office 365 integration.

Thanks again Drashna.  Not sure how I overlooked this option #1 (on server) but it did exactly what I needed.  Though I was hesitant to disable any of the "fluff" features that you mentioned.  I just kept them to default.

• 1 month later...

Drashna, I've recently noticed my StableBit Drivepool add-in locks up every time I launch the WSE12R2 Dashboard. Though SB DP itself is running and I can access my pool drive. I have to consistently disable this add-in in order to launch the dashboard at all. Should I completely uninstall and reinstall the latest version of SBDP? Thanks.

Drashna, I've recently noticed my StableBit Drivepool add-in locks up every time I launch the WSE12R2 Dashboard. Though SB DP itself is running and I can access my pool drive. I have to consistently disable this add-in in order to launch the dashboard at all. Should I completely uninstall and reinstall the latest version of SBDP? Thanks.

Best idea would be to open up a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact/that I way I can help you more directly.

And could you do this:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Dashboard_Freeze

However, what version specifically are you using?