RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

PHP - MySQL - WordPress

tbowland

Who understands MySQL on WHS.

I have decided to run WordPress on my WHS and in diving into what I need and how to get it working I have begun to wonder about MySQL.

Seems a few WHS add-ins require MySQL.

I don`t know databases but.....do I or is it installed with every add-in that uses MySQL or do they use the same one.

Ah I`m confused ...don`t really know how to ask the question. I hope those that can help can understand what I`m getting at.

So aside from that is this the right place to go for the add-ins MediaSmartServer.net (Nigel Wilks)

And is there a spesific order that they should be installed. MySQL--PHP--Wordpress.

tbowland

Who understands MySQL on WHS.

I have decided to run WordPress on my WHS and in diving into what I need and how to get it working I have begun to wonder about MySQL.

Seems a few WHS add-ins require MySQL.

I don`t know databases but.....do I or is it installed with every add-in that uses MySQL or do they use the same one.

Ah I`m confused ...don`t really know how to ask the question. I hope those that can help can understand what I`m getting at.

So aside from that is this the right place to go for the add-ins MediaSmartServer.net (Nigel Wilks)

And is there a spesific order that they should be installed. MySQL--PHP--Wordpress.

tbowland

Yep, Nigel Wilks is the brains of the operation on those addins. I have them installed, yes you need to install them in order or they will not complete the installation, not a pproblem thou,

Wordpress relies on PHP so that has to be installed 1st.