RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Drive health monitoring apps

schoondoggy

I have used Acronis Drive Monitor software to watch the health of my drives. Many SSD's do not have temp sensors, so Acronis shows them as 212F. The Corsair SSD I am using shows accurate temperature in the Corsair Toolbox, but does not show the correct temperature in Acronis. 

What are you guys using to monitor drive health? Does it read SSD temp correctly?

I have Hard Disk Sentinel Professional. At the moment it shows my 120GB Vertex3 at 30C, my 240GB Kingston SSD at 36C. Standard spinners at 36-40C.

I would have sworn the Kingston had registered at over 40C before. Nonetheless it has always registered the SSD's.

StableBit Scanner here.

Samsung SSD 840 PRO's in my desktop are reading 29 & 30, the one in the server is reading 31.

Hard Drives (all WD's) vary from a low of 33 in the "cool" desktop to as high as 49 in the "hot" server with 6 drives.

• Like 1

I have used Acronis Drive Monitor software to watch the health of my drives. Many SSD's do not have temp sensors, so Acronis shows them as 212F. The Corsair SSD I am using shows accurate temperature in the Corsair Toolbox, but does not show the correct temperature in Acronis. 

What are you guys using to monitor drive health? Does it read SSD temp correctly?

That's because a lot of SSDs use non-standard methods to report the SMART Data. That's why StableBit Scanner does have "interpretations" for drives. Well, one of the reasons.

And .... I think my answer should be blatantly obvious here. :)