RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Backing up Bitcoin Blockchain

Poppapete

Poppapete

I know, I know.

I originally had 5 and sold 2  @ $1200 AUD each Christmas 2013. My wife told me to sell the 5 and I didn't.

She is still mad at me 1 year later.

You can't win can you. Like I made all those $$$$ (which I gave to her) on the 2 I sold but she doesn't see it that way.

She only sees all the money we don't have because I didn't sell the 5 of them.

Sorry. This is a personal rant that only you guys may understand.

:angry:

I only bought them as I stated @ $5 just to play with  and understand bitcoin.

Poppapete

She actually got 2 X $1190 she never had but reminding her will only make it worse, I know because I have been living with her for over 40 years.

• 1 month later...
Trimble Epic

If you hold bitcoin, there is no requirement for you to keep up the block chain on your machine... Just keep damn good backups of your bitcoin wallet file.

If you ever decide to liquidate some, then you can download the blockchain catchup file and go from there.

But yeah, the block chain itself has triggered antivirus false positives before....

I wouldn't even backup the block chain data.. It's freely and easily replaceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poppapete

"If you hold bitcoin, there is no requirement for you to keep up the block chain on your machine... Just keep damn good backups of your bitcoin wallet file."

I understand that and have more than one backup of my wallet file

"If you ever decide to liquidate some, then you can download the blockchain catchup file and go from there."

If I want to pay for something right NOW and you have to DL the blockchain from scratch - How long does it take?

"But yeah, the block chain itself has triggered antivirus false positives before....

I wouldn't even backup the block chain data.. It's freely and easily replaceable."

From scratch last time I did it - maybe a day I can't remember. So I backup weekly. If I loose the blockchain, I install the backup and I am only maximum 1 week behind which takes me maybe 10 minutes at present.