RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need help with Anywhere Access and VPN not working

Seems like I remember posts about using RemoteWebAccess and Open DNS causing problems.  I would get the thing working as designed first, then start tinkering.

Hi jmwills,

I have already changed my router dns server from opendns to use now the google public dns.

Are you available to remotely make a quick check on my server to see if you can find the issue? It would be great!

Thanks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rhbkweb

• ikon

• jmwills

• Poppapete

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi jmwills,

You get a blank page with a windows pop-up login box instead of the normal green/blue page right?

That is not correct. The anywhere and vpn error still shows on my end and if i use my adminintration login im redirected to a blank page.

Also from my internal lan when trying to connect to my server connect page it also shows a windows pop-up login box instead of the normal green/blue page

So the problem is still here

You may not be able to connect to the remote page from your internal LAN and this could be an issue with the router.  Some do not allow it.

JMW, that last part of his post is referring to the page for installing the Connector. He's saying it doesn't come up properly either, which it should of course from inside the LAN. Could this be an IIS issue maybe?

You may not be able to connect to the remote page from your internal LAN and this could be an issue with the router.  Some do not allow it.

But from your side do you get a blank page with a windows pop-up login box instead of the normal green/blue page right?

Not an IIS unless the Wrong (or no) Cert has been bound to the site.  DNS is now working as I can ping the FQDN.

Open IIS, (Conrol Panel-Admin Tools-IIS)

When the next page opens, expand the + sign next to the server name and then the one next to the folder named Sites.  Highlight the Default Site and look to the far fight in the Action Pane and Double Click Bindings.

Highlight the binding to the Site and click Edit. 

IP Address Should be "All Unassigned"

Port: 443

Host Name:  (is the URL minus the HTTPS)

Now.....is there a Cert name there?  There needs to be.

I just can't explain why the Client Computer Connector install page isn't coming up correctly. If he enters proper credentials into the login prompt (and I don't understand why a login prompt is coming up for the Connector install anyway), then he's directed to a blank page.

i must leave my hou for 2 or 3 hours.

when i get back i will try jmwills advice and report here the results

thanks for all the help given so far