RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need help with Anywhere Access and VPN not working

Are you getting all of these data points from a direct logon to the server? Can the server get out to the Internet?

Can you ping Google.com from the server?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rhbkweb

• ikon

• jmwills

• Poppapete

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if he has a WAN IP mismatch; that his ISP has changed the address and remotewebaccess.com hasn't been updated, so I wanted to ensure that what we PINGed is what his router is showing.

I believe the correct syntax to install the Connector is http://192.168.0.10/connect.

I'm not sure what's going on that it's not coming up.

Oh jeez, I just thought of something. What is your WAN IP, the one your router got from your ISP, the one that starts 217.129.? You can PM it to me if you like.

Hi ikon,

I send you a private message with all the inbformation about my connection and internet isp. 

About the url for the connector yes im using the correct syntax that is http://192.168.0.10/connect but it shows a blank page with a windows login pop up instead of the regular connect page.

I will now wait for your respond to the private message. Feel free to post here or by rpelying to the message. Please just don't make public my ips and addresses on the forum.

Thanks

Are you getting all of these data points from a direct logon to the server? Can the server get out to the Internet?

Can you ping Google.com from the server?

Hi jmwills,

I confirm that the server as a working internet connection. I can access any website using the browser and using CMD i can ping google.com.

Also i confirm that on the server when testing the ports 80 and 443 are open.

And about all the results that i post here on the forum are being made by the network administrator account directly on the server.

Any ideas or advices?

Edited by rhbkweb

OK, it's confirmed that your remotewebaccess.com and WAN IP addresses match. So that's 1 less thing.

jmwills & I have both confirmed that we can PING your remotewebaccess.com URL properly. So, knowing that the IPs match, and we can PING them, we know we are PINGing your router (and not someone else's).

JMW, he's set his DNS addresses manually to OpenDNS servers. I can't see how that would be a problem, but what do you think? Wasn't there something about a problem if using OpenDNS?

rhbkweb, have you tried setting your 1st DNS entry to 8.8.8.8 (google)?

Hi ikon,

According to your advice i made the following steps:

1- Login my router and change the WAN DNS servers from OpenDNS to Google (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4)

2- Then on the server i open CMD and made ipconfig /flushdns

3- Then on the server try to run the Anywhere Access and VPN Repair and then also try to config again.

Problems and errors are still the same.

Any more ideas or advices? 

Hi jmwills and ikon

I really need help on this. And it would be great if some of you guys could login remotely on my server to have a quicj check to see if you found the issue.

This can be done any hour when you are available using teamviewer or other remote access software.

If needed im willing to pay for the service.

Thanks

As I said, I'm not in a position to remote in, but jmwills posed a few questions at the top of this page. It might be a good idea to post answers to them.

Hi jmwills,

I confirm that the server as a working internet connection. I can access any website using the browser and using CMD i can ping google.com.

Also i confirm that on the server when testing the ports 80 and 443 are open.

And about all the results that i post here on the forum are being made by the network administrator account directly on the server.

Any ideas or advices?

Hi ikon,

As you can see i have already repsonded to the jmwills questions previously on this post.

Maybe jmwills can login remotely on my server? Does not have to be right now. It can be on a hour that is available.

Thanks

Seems like I remember posts about using RemoteWebAccess and Open DNS causing problems.  I would get the thing working as designed first, then start tinkering.