RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need help with Anywhere Access and VPN not working

I notice that DHCP is enabled on the server. Is 192.168.0.10 set as a Reserved Address in the DHCP server?

The Port Forwards in the router are set to forward ports 80 & 443 to 192.168.0.10?

Hi ikon,

DHCP should be disabled on the server because is enabled on my router. The router IP is 192.168.0.1 and there i have forward the ports 80 and 443 to my server lan ip that is: 192.168.0.10.

I have defined on my router a permanent DHCP ip lease to my server 192.168.0.10.

Any ideas?

Thanks 

Edited by rhbkweb
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rhbkweb

• ikon

• jmwills

• Poppapete

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant DHCP Client, not DHCP Server. DHCP Client is enabled on the Server. DHCP Server is enabled on the router. That's all good. The permanent IP lease for the server is good too.

What happens if you try to Telnet to 192.168.0.10:443?

Hi ikon,

I have just now try to telnet as you said and i send you the result bellow:

----
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600] © 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\>telnet 192.168.0.10:443
Connecting To 192.168.0.10:443...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed
C:\>
----

Is this result ok? Or the problem is that it calls port 23 instead of port 443? Any advice?

Thanks

Trying opening a CMD window.

In the window type telnet and hit Enter

After you get the Telnet prompt, enter Set port 443

Then type Open 192.168.0.10

Trying opening a CMD window.

In the window type telnet and hit Enter

After you get the Telnet prompt, enter Set port 443

Then type Open 192.168.0.10

Hi ikon,

I try to make as you said by after i type "set port 443" it says: Format is 'set name <value>'

This is already starting to go out of my know how.. i only have basic know how on command line and windows server.

Can you tell me what is the proper command? Also i want to say that i really appreciate all the help you are giving me on this and it would be great if instead of us being here going with messages all day long you might login my server remotly using teamviewer and have a quick check to see if you can found the problem.

I only ask for a quick check so you can see if you can identify the problem.

Im really need this to work in order to start working. Im willing to pay if needed for you to access remotely and try to make it work.

OK, in the CMD window just type Telnet 192.168.0.10 443.

I can't really remote into your server because I don't have TeamViewer set up, and I don't really want to set it up right now.

Hi ikon,

When i type in CMD: telnet 192.168.0.10:443 the reuslt is the same o posted before.

If i type without the ":" just telnet "192.168.0.10 443" the CMD becomes black with no information.

Note: About teamviewer was just a suggestion. If you use other remote software i could install it from my end so you don't have to. But anyway this was only if you where avalalable and willing to make it. No problem at all not to.

Any further idea or suggestion? 

Hi,

At the moment i don't have any computer connected / joined to the windows server network. But i have 1 PC that is connected to the same LAN and when i try to browse https://192.168.0.10 it first shows a SSL warning message and then if i click ok to proceed i get a windows based login pop up box asking me for the user and password information. Its a satandard windows pop up box and not the regular windows server connect page.

Also i try to access the connect page to join this computer an the default windows server connect page where we could downloadf the connector does not show. Instead it shows a windows login pop up box asking for a username and password trying to open port 80.

So i only noticed this now. So the connect page is also not working properly. The Anywhere Access, VPN and this Connect problem must be related somehow, correct?

Any idea?

I believe the correct syntax to install the Connector is http://192.168.0.10/connect.

I'm not sure what's going on that it's not coming up.

Oh jeez, I just thought of something. What is your WAN IP, the one your router got from your ISP, the one that starts 217.129.? You can PM it to me if you like.