RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Impossible to find WHS 2011?

Grant B

I was looking online for a copy of WHS 2011. Don't know if I'm just looking in the wrong way or what.

Does anyone know if there is any website that is selling WHS 2011 anymore?

Thanks,

Grant

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drashna Jaelre

• jmwills

• ikon

• g725s

Not really. Nowhere has it in stock anymore. :(

And if you can find it's, it's $150-200 anymore. And at least one person has had issues with where they've purchased it (may have received a illegitimate key). And there are some pretty shady websites selling it.

Sadly, the best option if you REALLY want WHS2011 is to attempt ebay (or similar) ..... or spend $400 to get Server 2012 R2 Essentials (and use the "SkipDomainJoin" option). 

• 5 weeks later...

Not really. Nowhere has it in stock anymore. :(

And if you can find it's, it's $150-200 anymore. And at least one person has had issues with where they've purchased it (may have received a illegitimate key). And there are some pretty shady websites selling it.

Sadly, the best option if you REALLY want WHS2011 is to attempt ebay (or similar) ..... or spend $400 to get Server 2012 R2 Essentials (and use the "SkipDomainJoin" option). 

This is news to me.  Very interesting.  Too bad because WHS 2011 is a great OS.

Absolutely.

However Server Essentials is very nice too. Just more expensive and more "overhead" in theory.

There are probably tens of 1000s of unused copies sitting around out there and the people that have them don't know the value.

Wondering if there might be a point where it would be beneficial to upgrade to Server Essentials and sell your copy of WH$ 2011

Edited by g725s

There are probably tens of 1000s of unused copies sitting around out there and the people that have them don't know the value.

The way MS has treated WHS, one would think that they didn't even sell tens of thousands of copies :D