RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

iPhone 4 returned...now what?

cskenney

After seeing the tweets from Dave as he returned his iPhone4 to AT&T I wondered...what will be his next move? Hold out on the WindowsPhone7?

Chime in with your thoughts...I am sure he will enjoy the speculation.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• awraynor

• cskenney

• fasthair

Returned? Does that mean you went back to U.S. Cellular as well?

I don't think he left. He knew he had 30 days to try out AT&T so he probably kept his US Cellular account open.

Yes, I knew the risks going in. I kept US Cellular and didn't port my number over to AT&T. It cost more to do it this way but I'm glad I did. Will stick with USCC until things shake out a bit more in the industry.

I've been doing some research with friends that stop by the house. Sprint is covered inside as well as Verizon. The VZW signal is weak but usable. No VZW downstairs. I forgot to check Sprint downstairs but I have plenty of time. I'm not in a big hurry. (i say that now right?)

USCC - coverage everywhere in my area. Everywhere. Good coverage nationwide for me as well. No extra data charges anywhere I've been including Las Vegas. That's a plus. Still waiting on them to get the HTC Desire out. Have yet to drop by their store to see the new Samsung Adroid device they have now. AT&T, nada. They will have to build this area up before I will consider them again.

So that begs a question to @joserortiz or anyone else for that matter, what carriers will get the new Microsoft Windows 7 phone? And, do you think signing on to this new platform is advisable?

So that begs a question to @joserortiz or anyone else for that matter, what carriers will get the new Microsoft Windows 7 phone? And, do you think signing on to this new platform is advisable?

After all the hooplah Paul Thurrott made over the Kin, I decided to check one out. If its a preview of what Windows Phone will have to offer, then I may actually get excited. Given my 15 minutes of experience with the device with a sales guy hovering over my shoulder, I have to agree with Paul in that Verizon killed the device with its absurd pricing. The rep at the store basically told me that it would cost me just as much in monthly fees as a full-fledged smartphone.

I also looked at the Palm devices. When you consider that you get free tethering with these devices and the level of integration between its apps, these phone are rather nice. A bit sluggish, but nice!

Guest no-control

I have Verizon now with a MotoDriod. Been happy with it so far. But I plan on getting the new Windows phone when it comes out as well. I had both an iPhone and a 3GS while with AT&T. Call drop were ridculous and don't live in the boonies either. Everyone I know loves the iphone hates the service. I looked into plam briefly. The OS was/is promising, but the phones feel/look like crap.

I have Verizon now with a MotoDriod. Been happy with it so far. But I plan on getting the new Windows phone when it comes out as well. I had both an iPhone and a 3GS while with AT&T. Call drop were ridculous and don't live in the boonies either. Everyone I know loves the iphone hates the service. I looked into plam briefly. The OS was/is promising, but the phones feel/look like crap.

In southern California, nothing beats Verizon's coverage. I have 4 bars at least any place I go. Even in the desert or mountains, I still have great service for voice and data.

The Droid X has my interest right now. But I am not due for an upgrade until May 2011. It will be interesting to test drive some phones at CES, especially all the 4G phones Verizon is rumored to be showing off.